Still no meta

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Celtin, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Celtin

I've been here since the Beta and there is still no meta? How is this possible?
  2. SgtBANZAI

PS2 has a lot of problems but why would you need meta? Do people really love changing from one imbalanced thing to another every patch or so?
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

- EclecticDreck
    • Up x 1
  4. Sazukata

You mean a "best" strategy?

-Achieve and maintain air superiority
    -Bomb anyone that leaves the spawnroom via A2G or AI MBT/Harrasser
    -Spam HA if not in an aircraft, have a few of the other classes for support

The side that collectively does these three things better wins.
  5. Celtin

While I understand where both of you are coming from I have to say that
    1: a good well hashed meta could change the game for a much better end result Banzai
    2: Thats not a traditional meta, that a meta based around a standard in game parameter that players find on their own and perpetuate, that meta can change by the day or patch. a Zoe max used to be a max crash staple and a meta for the Vanu before all the changes but was never the meta. The meta of the game itself differs from a soloist and single purpose strategy that everyone happens to use while its fruitful. A game meta is always there, always evident, always valuable to those trying to accomplish it, and always provides a true direction for the flow of play. Seizing warp gates and fighting from continent to continent to the enemies sanctuary and actually taking over Auraxis for ultimate victory is a meta game. Playing heavy because it blows up tanks easily and balances the game is not.

Edit: In short this game has no meta.
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

Competetive games have meta. Planetside is more sandbox than competetive. Players do whatever they want. There isn't 1 goal everyone tries to achieve so there's no way a solid meta can form.
  7. OgreMarkX

The meta is still Hivecraft for the win. Mineside 2. Planetcraft 2.