Sticky grenaders - any purpose yet?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by baka, Feb 28, 2013.

1. baka

Any real use or just a waste of certs?
  2. Nintyuk

It's a much more controllable Grenade, You throw it some were to explode ant that's were it will blow. No random bounces.
  3. italktowalls

it also sticks to players!!
  4. TribbleFluffer

biolab TP tube camping? instead of accidentally bouncing it into the group of friendlies down the hall it'l stick to the room shield/outside of the wall. same for i guess grenading a max or tank...though i would of liked an AV sticky...
  5. Xocolatl

There's always the C4 for AV sticky.
  6. TribbleFluffer

true but with the c4 and sticky you get twice the amount explosives
  7. Kevin12

You have to stick it on the enemy and they'll try to run away.
  8. Heen

I literally stuck one to a NC Heavy Assault's **** yesterday. He deployed shield and survived... I'm guessing he had flack armour. I then shot him.
  9. Scorponok

would be fun to run towards the guy that threw it on you..kamakazi!!or yell to him...hey mr. you dropped something!! hehe..
  10. Calisai

One of the few memorable uses I experienced was when I threw one at a max in a biolab and he ducked back into the teleport room.

Boom! 5 nice little kills off that one grenade. (didn't know at the time they would stick to players, was trying to stick it to the door)

I use them all the time when retreating away from a fight, flip one on the doors edge and when they are walking through to kill ya... boom.

A lot easier to control where they hit (as long as you have LoS)... unfortunately, more expensive.
  11. JesNC

Oooo since when? Maybe I need to get those after all...
  12. Scorponok

just dont drop the grenade and it gets stuck to your leg :p seeing a guy running around with his own grenade stuck to his leg hehe..
  13. Cirevam

That brings a new meaning to ***** engineer...
  14. Hail_Mary_262

... A true friend will let you throw one on him. Then the true ***** light assault will be born, and all the trollz will be unleashed!
  15. Nintyuk

I managed to get a sticky grenade right on the crotch of a TR medic who killed me, He then ran back to his allies and stated rezing and Immediately blew-up.
  16. itzCujo666

I use them against MAXs in CQC.

They're a pretty good option for this.

For me, sticky grenades were a good "investment", but they are a nice to have for advanced engineers. I recommend maxing out armor, AV turret, AV & AP mines, etc... etc... first. When you reach a high level and are looking for things to spend certs on, get sticky grenades.
  17. Nintyuk

Yep, Tagging a MAX with one before you engage him is a great way to even the odds. Sticky grenade then ambush in his face with a extended mags shotgun with a few knifes to finish him off has a high success rate for me.
  18. itzCujo666

A great way to kill a MAX - drop a couple AP mines around a corner. Pop around the corner, throw the grenade at him, give him a couple of shots to make him notice you and think easy kill as he chases you around the corner. boom. Works up and down stairs too. You just need somewhere to lure him, where you have some cover.

Anyway, point is, I wouldn't rush out to get sticky grenades if you have not yet had a chance to max out your certs in other areas, but they 100% have their uses. I only run with sticky grenades on my engineer.
  19. sztanyi

Sticky nades are honestly my new favorite explosives. As others have mentioned it's great for tagging players with it, who then run back into cover next to all their friends... BOOM-MULTI KILL

Just be very careful.... I had some idiot run infront of me once as I was throwing the sticky grenade (it was more then halfway through the throwing animation when he popped up out of nowhere), he then proceeded to run into a group of allies, and of course I was the ******* for team killing half a platoon :(

It's also useful for things like throwing onto doorways when you're getting chased. If timed right, you can get a nice free kill with it. Personally my main reason for using it is more control. The regular grenades can bounce around quite ridiculously sometimes (yay PS2 physics)
  20. Shasbot

Stickies are great. Nothing fancy like flash bangs, it's really just a direct upgrade over normal frags. Without the bounce, plus a glue effect, it's much easier to get it to blow up what you want to blow up.

Only bad thing about it is 75 res cost.