Sticky Gernades Need a Balence Check

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Nalothisal, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Nalothisal

They really do. Now I am NOT calling for a nerf in the general sense of the word, but they shouldn't be able to instagib you if you are wearing MAX FLAK ARMOR.

Just a minor complaint.
    • Up x 1
  2. Valthis78

You do realize the point behind stickys is the fact they bypass flak armor right?
  3. RedArmy

theres a difference in a grenade going off 3m away, vs being physically stuck to your leg....
    • Up x 3
  4. Ryo313

yeah... they don't stick everytime on MAX units (AV nades) it happened alot to me where i was in a situation against a max useing the striker and then throwing the av nade and it went straight throu the max.
  5. RedArmy

flak armor only reduces splash damage - it does not reduce direct damage -
  6. teks

Read the wiki, the description is:

"Sticky grenades have similar stats to regular Frag Grenades, with added adhesive properties, sticking on contact to terrain, vehicles, and players. They do not bounce off friendly players forcing Engineers to be more careful then they would have to be with the Frag Grenade. Sticky Grenades, when stuck to a player, will bypass all Flak Armor levels when they detonate. This allows for some interesting strategies, such as throwing a Sticky Grenade onto an enemy MAX unit, causing the Sticky Grenade to explode onto nearby enemy Engineers or anyone else standing nearby as well as killing or weakening the MAX. "

As Valthis said,
    "You do realize the point behind stickys is the fact they bypass flak armor right?"
    • Up x 2
  7. Foxirus

You're right! If I stick a grenade to someones head perfectly, Everyone within 100m should instantly explode.
  8. hostilechild

Just seems buggy, it should kill the person its stuck to, not the other ones that have flak5 also as that would not be direct damage. Died more than a few times with flak5 on because it was stuck to a max i was repairing.

Have to say though, its a helluva lot of fun to do it back.
  9. Erendil

10. DeadlyPeanutt

bad idea, sticky nades are the most fun nade in the game. don't nerf fun stuff
  11. SamReye

I think stickies are annoying to anyone not using them. Sure, it's fun to use them, but I feel bad for anyone on the receiving end, especially in large/congested battles.

EDIT: This is based off the assumption that stickies still have the pre-nerf grenade radius/damage. Idk if they ever changed it to balance with the standard grenade.
  12. Stormsinger

My favorite Sticky grenade experience was a few months back - the NC were prepping a biolab crash, and there was at least 6 full squads in one of the teleport rooms, just inside the biolab. I lobbed a nade from about 20 meters away, and a random BR12 LA dropped down and ran through the path of my nade, catching it with his left cheek. 40 kills, 20 maxes or so at half health :p

Though yes, the double-damage bug does need to be addressed. Personally, I get downed by stickynades about once, maybe twice a 8 hour session, i'd be fine if they got left as is, but a bug is a bug.