Steam: sony (us) & prosiebensat.1 (eu)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fotosynthese, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Fotosynthese

Hi, since the forums is missing an general section of planetside 2, i post this here.

So Planetside2 launched yesterday, the download was good on steam and i had no problems.
    Sony did a great job in making this game better and better, still it is not perfect, but i think that sony will fix the problems soon.

But it seems that people that do not have an beta account and live in Europe do have problems with the STEAM version of planetside 2.
    They download the SOE planetside2 version and can't create an EU account, why not redirect them to the prosiebensat.1 site for EU to create an account in the launcher?
    steam is Worldwide and not US only and by this loads of people get very disappointed at the very first minute of this great game.

Also on the planetside2.com website you can not see another website for EU, so people will think i will download the game from sony, because it is a game created by sony but they need to redownload the whole game again on prosiebensat.1???

Please make it more clear for the people that there is an US and EU version of the game and make it possible in the launcher to create an EU or US account.

For example on world of tanks, when i visit the US version there i will get the following message in top:
    Attention! Your location: Netherlands. For better performance we recommend you to go to the website of the European region

And it is possible to switch between all regional version. (website)

Also what i am not sure about is that will the prosiebensat.1 have all the features that the sony website will get?
    The forums on prosiebensat.1 looks also very dead. you have sections that have "no posts", (at this moment it is even down for maintenance)
    I think because people do not know about prosiebensat.1, maybe people in germany know it but for the rest i am not sure about that....

Also for example when you look on the website what the price will be for premium you see pounds, because you selected to see the site in english, and so i have to switch to german to see the euro price?

At the end, i do not get it why Sony is creating 2 versions of the exact same game.
    I never ever heard about prosiebensat.1 before, the first time i knew it actually exist is that it was standing on the planetside2 website/forum but that is the only thing you saw about it.

I am happy that i have an SOE account and can play on the EU server, but new players have it not this easy.
    • Up x 1
  2. Fotosynthese