Stealth nerf to Carv and Carv-S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Manhattan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. TheBloodEagle

Mainly fighting again NC that still turn around and shoot even after rounds are hitting them steady on average tonight. I'm not complaining with their buffs or anything like that. Just getting the sense that the CARV(-S) has a bit lower dmg now.
  2. codad57

Welcome to a balanced game, try out other factions heavy loadouts and feel humbled, guy.
  3. Manhattan

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the discussion, guy.

Notice how at no point in any of my posts did I bring up anything related to other empires. I play all three empires, buffs to any of them work out for me. Nerfs are sometimes needed, sometimes not. Stealth nerfs are inexcusable in any situation.

In the case of the Carv, was it better than the NC and VS LMGs? In certain situations, absolutely. In other situations, not at all. There's plenty of times when I'm playing my TR where I wish I had a Saw or Orion. It's called game balance, something you're clearly not familiar with, guy.

Maybe take a step back and realize that if the devs are throwing around stealth nerfs, it could just as easily happen to the VS or NC. Maybe then, instead of gloating when one empire gets nerfed, you'll realize you're just as vulnerable. A bit humbling, isn't it, guy?
  4. Uncle_Lou

I haven't played since the patch, so I can't say if it was changed or not, but this thread made me lol...

"There was a stealth nerf"
    "No, its all in your mind"
    "Its not, post the datamined stats"
    -stats get posted-
    "The spreadsheet is wrong!"

Like I said, I don't know if they were changed or not. I generally prefer the MSW-R anyhow. This whole thread made me laugh though.
  5. USD

Regardless of what the changes are, a lot of the gunfights ive got in as a TR HA since the patch have felt really wonky.
  6. {joer

I'd trade my carv for an Orion no problem.
  7. Vortok

Default CARV at long range bounces around like a kid that just ingested 3 pounds of sugar - and I have a grip on it.

Still seems to work fine at close range, though.
  8. Sian

CARV-S Got its projectile speed nerfed from 620 to 600 (like 3%) which will very minorly impact its ability to snipe moving targets. No other changes to either gun.
  9. Jurun

I definitely did. It was a few things for me:

1. Damage per shot seemed lower (a lot of stragglers surviving fights and LoSing vs normal)
    2. Vertical recoil while ADSing, even with a compensator, felt ridiculous. I was having to use three shot bursts while wrestling the barrel down and still found myself shooting high.
    3. Hip fire feels significantly less accurate and the crosshairs are much wider at rest or moving

I'm okay with the CARV being nerfed, but I'd prefer that they did it in the open (and gave me my certs back, since it's no longer the gun I invested in)
  10. Hashi

the carv is the starter weapon first of all, can't get certs back on an item you didn't buy... ontop of that, go read the last patch update it adressed this.
  11. Jurun

As you might have surmised by the fact that it had a compensator, I meant a CARV-S.
  12. Hashi

sorry I'm an NC player, hadn't noticed the CARV didn't have one.
  13. Jurun

On the plus side, the easy fix to the weird new recoil is to aim for the feet at the start of an engagement, that way the automatic kick puts you right about at the head. Maybe it's been changed for the CARV specifically, or LMGs in general, or maybe it's been this way all along and I'm just now noticing, but it's now giving me a significant kick on the first shot when ADSing that sustains until you re-start the burst, causing most rounds to miss unless you were aiming low before firing.
  14. Arcanum

15. Vytality

Darn, that sounds like my EM6.
    OK, OK, I am NC and I get tired of dying to the Carv, but I will put that aside, as I have been doing a bit of thinking about TTK vs Time to Die. I think our perceived TTK is noticeably longer than our TTD, due to lag. I wonder if this patch also created a bit more lag for some players? I know I have experienced times like you guys are describing, where your crosshairs are on the target and it looks like the bullets are hitting, but no damage is being done. I don't claim to have the fastest internet, but do have a solid gaming rig, so I blame some of my badness on lag. I have not been able to play since the patch though. (Hopefully next time I log on my EM6 will act like what the Carv feels like. lol)
  16. {joer

It wouldn't be shocking if they nerfed the stock and first weapon most people bought in hopes they buy another. I hate to be cynical but I'm cynical by nature. I haven't been able to test due to a move but tomorrow I'll be interested to see if the carv-s changed or not.
  17. stabbystabby

so your CARV has recoil now? oh tell me how that feels.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. hammyhamm

CARV-S has definitely lost some of its damage, actually came here to check for patch notes!
  19. Arcanum

posted something stupid again and can't delete it
  20. ENFORC3R

The CARV doesn't feel any different to me. I can still snipe those pesky infiltrators. You just have to do something called burst and counter recoil. It's not hard, trust me.
    • Up x 1