Stealth nerf to Carv and Carv-S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Manhattan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. FailasaurusRex

Recoil is not the issue here, this was easy to deal with.
    The issue is placing center mass hits with a 3.4x scope on an enemy in basicly CQC with the animation showing the enemy taking the hits and his shield flashing as per each hit. Doing this consistently as one would do with any weapon and being dumbfounded by the amount of damage i didnt do to the enemy once i saw the readout after i was fragged.
    Dont care about the death but i know for a goddamned fact I should be doing way more damage then what i did for nearly 3 hours lastnight. Also this is not a nanoweave armor thing.
    Its an mmo so swings will happen, just msw-r everyone now till people cry and get that nerfd :p
  2. raw

Nothing. The data for the Carv pre and post patch are identical. It's all in your mind.
  3. FailasaurusRex

Please link the new post patch damage data friend. Im interested.

or was this a facetious post:oops:
  4. raw

5. Wasdie

I was getting killed by it fine last night.
  6. FailasaurusRex

7. badname02

The CARV and CARV-S aren't 40 round rifles are they?
  8. Manhattan

Where are those numbers pulled from? Who pulled them? Are there numbers available to compare pre- and post-patch?
  9. raw

10. Kaerius

I think the reason they're so paranoid about being nerfed is that they know that the CARV is OP and needs to be nerfed. It's often called the best weapon in the game.
    • Up x 1
  11. videogamesaregames

For the record, this probably isn't completely updated. Check the LA80. It still has 650 projectile speed when they stated that was changed in the patch. Either that or the swell guy who's been managing that spreadsheet for us missed some stuff.

That said, I haven't really noticed anything different specific to the t9 carv or carv S. But I have noticed hit detection being more off than usual across the board.
    • Up x 2
  12. failbot

Haven't noticed anything and been doing actually a bit better than before... Got my overall KD to 2,2 after the patch after floating at 1,9-2 for days now.
  13. DeltaGun

I'm looking at the Dec 4 data and the Dec 12 data for the Carv and there is no change. There's no garuntee the data is correct, though. He definitely added the new weapons but who knows if he went through and checked every weapon to see if it was still the same.
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

But not having it in the patch notes is still inexcusable, Sony. Can we please get a reasonable level of professionalism?
  15. Balm

If you're going to ruin a weapon I purchased, at least tell me why.
  16. Badname2490

Time to figure out which of the other LMGs is better...love wasting money on LMG's that turn into trash.
  17. Sian

Face it, the CARV and CARV-S needed some tuning, having often been on the receiving end of being HA-sniped at 100 meters by a burst that seemed to entirely land in my head.
  18. NASTY

Doesnt sound anything like a regular carv complaint. If the CARV(-S) have been nerfed, you are most likely getting hit next. Youve been outwhined by NC.

How come none of the vets I have spoken to claim the carvs are op? Across all factions, im new to the game but im gradually getting a feeling its more an issue of bad players. I regularily get outdamaged by NC lmgs close/mid.
  19. TheBloodEagle

Don't care about the other things they did much but just feels like the TTK has increased. Feels like the max-min damage has been decreased. I'm getting the jump & fire shots @ close range but people still turn around; lots of variables to this of course but just feels different currently.
  20. Silent255

I still get ripped in two every encounter I have with it...don't notice anything different from being on the other end of the barrel.