Stealth nerf to Carv and Carv-S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Manhattan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Gheeta

We'll see when we get the actual numbers what was changed. Something certainly did, just have to wait until the google docs numbers get updated since the in game bars mean absolutely nothing.
  2. Aghar30

maybe just maybe they actually put the amount of damage per bullet where it was supposed to be. TR is supposed to have the lowest damage per bullet in the game which they compensate for by having high fire rate. You guys do love your CARV and CARV-S hell all I ever run into on TR is HA cause the guns were so damn good.
  3. TheBloodEagle

This thread does show stealth changes were made that weren't in the log: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/undocumented-changes-in-the-patch.65092/

Or it could be that because the CARV is the first gun we use since we just started the game, so as we discover what PS2 is, we'd rather start certing the weapon and rather than right away save up 500 to a 1000 to get the next sidegrade and then discover there's a ton of other things to spend certs on outside of the rifle.
  4. Quor

Or it's both, because the CARV is obscenely good, and when it was buffed in beta even several veteran TR (including BuzzCutPsycho) went "Uh, SOE? You guys uh....you guys ok in there? Cause even *we* think it's a bit much, and we play TR."

The TR weapons I have been killed by are the MSW, CARV and CARV-S. I've never seen a TMG or T16. I know they exist, I just don't see any TR use them. And I know why; every now and then I'll hop on my TR guy, hotdrop into a zone that's preferably NC/VS contested (no TR), and see how many guys I can take down before I die. My record so far is 16, 12 of which were by the CARV (the rest were grenades and one by the repeater).

It's a VERY solid weapon. It's not just a matter of "don't want to upgrade" so much as it's "don't need to upgrade."

Still doesn't mean stealth nerfs are ok. But we're not even sure it's a damage thing. It could be CoF bloom has changed, or accuracy takes a dump when you move while ADSing (as with the SAW). I remember there was a period in beta where the SAW was literally unuseable. Everyone rerolled medic for the NC, because the Gauss Rifle hit as hard as the SAW only it put it's shots where you aimed them. There was some weird CoF bloom happening with the SAW such that your shots would often JUST miss, or in some cases register as a hit yet deal no damage. From what I understand, it was more or less a decimal error, someone putting 1.0 instead of 0.1 or something.

Likely, if there's anything wrong with the CARV and CARV-S, that's what it is. Maybe they *did* reduce damage on them, but given what else has happened lately since launch, I find it unlikely they would go around dropping damage that has, for all intents and purposes, barely changed for the last four months.
  5. TheBloodEagle

Well this is just going to turn out like all the other threads if I press it further.

Just looking for an answer like the OP with some hard data or change log notes.
  6. Dr ZErO

As NC, I ******* love the whining when your guns act like our guns.
    ******* sucks huh..

Welcome to our world.
    Maybe the devs will realize after you freak out enough these types of game mechanics just suck over all and should be avoided...
  7. TheBloodEagle

8. Over00

One thing is clear. The change to the CARV variants is more substantial than it ought to of been.

Oh well. I'm happy using my MSW-R for most scenarios. Only slightly less accuracy at a distance but feels the same as the CARV in CQB
  9. snail

As a fellow HA (NC) from beta, I feel your pain.

Good job, Dev's.
  10. Ghoest

COF bloom is NOT recoil(in the technical sense) - you cant adjust for it.
  11. exLupo

Yes, the notes were trash this time around. Looking back at every other patch note set I've seen them put up since this summer, it's an anomaly.

But, still, regarding the conspiracy theory to which I was responding:

Hanlon's.
    Razor.
  12. Kaerius

Fixed.
    It still dominates compared to NC HA defaults.
  13. Lukor

Did anybody not see a TR nerf coming? This is hilarious.
  14. Steakbeard

The only thing I can suggest is perhaps you should try learning to burst fire with it.
  15. Lukor

Ironically that is the advice TR players used to give to NC players. Haha.
    • Up x 1
  16. W01fe

can you find some people to test it?
  17. PEETREE

I've been noticing ttk taking longer but i'm chalking it up to people knocking out their nanoweave armor over the double xp weekend.
  18. W01fe

if it has the same learning curve as teh gaus saw (which has many people even today claiming how crappy it is) then id disagree, but really, we need hard numbers.
  19. voigt

20. Rak

I didn't notice anything different with my CARV-S.