Steady aim not so steady

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Anumber1username, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Scorponok

well now you do ;) when you got the scope out hold shift and you get like 2secs or so were the scope is pretty still,and then give it a few secs before you can do it again...so best is to wait until you find a target you can nail in the head or something like that and press shift line the shot fire..might make it a bit easier for you to snipe.
  2. Wobberjockey

what pisses me off is that as a regular person i can hold my breath for about 15 seconds before even feeling the need to inhale or exhale.

my high tech, biologically enhanced vanu infiltrator can't even last 5
    • Up x 1
  3. Wobberjockey

it's worth noting PS2 is picking up new players daily... i just had 3-4 guys in my squad who were fresh off the dropships.

and of course, my platoon was attacking a heavily entrenched TR biolab...Welcome to auraxis
  4. windcaler

I was a sniper in the army and the long deep breath the inf's take is not what they teach you, they teach you to breath normally and just stop when you're exhaling, not to inhale sharply and hold it. Another problem is the scope sway is far to much for even just standing without having the weapon steadied on cover or a bipod It also doesnt take into account that crouching with your front elbow rested on your knee forms a natural place to steady the weapon on.

If you want a good example to realistic amount of scope sway represented in a video game go play metal gear solid 2, thats at least reasonable and somewhat realistic. The scope sway we have before inhaling is so much that I swear my inf is always drunk

IMO the devs could really benefit from going out to a range and actually firing some of the weapons PS2's weapons are supposed to represent as well as talking to some military or ex-military people to get a better idea of how each type of weapon is used in combat
  5. TokyoShoe

On the Genudine server there are at least a dozen NC and a half dozen TR snipers that can tag a target at 250 to 350 range no problem while strafing SIDEWAYS, killing people as fast as they can reload. This completely boggles my addled brain and I assume they are probably aimbotting.

BUT... let's just say that they are not aimbotting. If they are that good, and this "breathing mechanic" is supposed to make Sniping HARD, how do the rest of us "wanna-be-snipers" stand a chance in comparison to these guys? Remove the mechanic.. level out the playing field some. PLEASE.

I think it's rather dumb that I can headshot targets more effectively with my Medic and a 4x scope than with my Infiltrator (who has apparently been huffling paint fumes).
  6. Rogueghost

And at the same time he can sprint for distances that will make marathon runners envy .
  7. Faithwolf

maybe not the right place to bring it up, but since we are talking abotu cert gains etc.. any class should be rewarded for any action it takes that aids the cause. be it ammo dropping, hacking terminals, taking out infantry etc etc. spotting assists should be higher imo
  8. RenK

The sway as it is is just a really outdated easy go to mechanic to add to the balance of sniper classes. As it's been said, real shooters don't hold breath to steady your aim. Relaxing and choosing the right moment between breaths is the ways it's done.

I've said it before on here, but I really think that if they want to keep sway in for balance issues, they should make it decrease the longer you've been sitting somewhere. Just ran full sprint a mile across the battlefield? you're heart's racing and you wont be able to hit the broad side of a barn without really concentrating. But sit in a vantage point and wait for your target calmly like a sniper is supposed to do and your aim improves. The Sway doesn't even have to go away completely, but it should be slow and predictable like breathing.
  9. Wobberjockey

agreed. america's army did a decent job with this.

here, i need to hold my breath or i have no idea where the bullet will end up, even if i am on target.