State of the Game Friday 11/30/2012 - 10:15am PST

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smed, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smed SOE President

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to make this one very short. Right now we have a very hard to catch server side crash. I have to apologize about that in a big way because it's happening more often then we would like. I assure you we've been working night and day to catch it but it's hard. We've put in additional logging to catch it but it's crashing in a way that's making it hard for us to debug. Today we're taking more drastic measures to catch it and we hope to have it fixed sometime today.

We have a lot of other things we're working on fixing and a whole bunch of other bug fixes incoming, but stability is our #1 focus. I'll give a longer post about what else we're working on but I wanted you to be aware that this is the most important thing we are working on right now.

sorry for the problems. They are as unacceptable to us as they are to you.

Smed
    • Up x 27
  2. ImGladUmad

Thanks for the updates

I bought a boost last week, sometimes when I played like at night, is when the servers are down...I think Im going to wait until the servers are stable to buy another boost...Also until my pc supported better because I could run the game on high in beta but now Im getting 25-30 fps on Low settings.

First
    • Up x 1
  3. MexelVanMexelen

Thanks for the update Smed. I have to say the recurring resets in European prime-time are something of a pain though. I get little enough time to play this game as it is. Good luck to your techies in getting to the bottom of it.

Any update on making Alpha Squad XP bonus passive? Or at least letting us unlucky early purchasers be able to trial weapons without losing the boost?
    • Up x 1
  4. Admiral Snuggles

Thanks. Hope you squirsh that buggo.
  5. OminousZ

Thanks Smed, still having fun though...
  6. ddp

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Smed. Im playing on ultra with everything enabled physx. The lowest fps I got was last night it was 39 fps. Before then ive always been way above 40 fps.
  7. Nytguard

I lost quite a bit of time off my 7day boost due to servers going down during my prime game time. They're not cheap either., so I may not get another boost for awhile, especially since they're most valuable in the early levels.
  8. Undead Clown

My issue isn't server crashes or low FPS (although that needs improvement) but client crashes. Both me and my 2 friends running different hardware and different OS (I run vista, 1 runs xp, 1 windows 7) are all getting crashes. The first few days after launch I didn't crash a single time despite the 15 hours I played. Now we can't play for more then 30-45 minutes without a crash. This is the biggest issue that needs to be fixed, servers crash maybe twice a day, but a lot of people are having client crashes every hour.
  9. TheRealTripWire

10. Nenarch

When are EU's leaderboards coming up again?
  11. Nytguard

Leaderboards have got to be the lowest priority at this point. Without server stability, weapon balance, vehicle balance, counter balance, and faction balance... leaderboards are pointless.

Besides, they're so broken and PS2 is more about combined arms than K/D ratios. Not to mention, that assists are not being factored in, which accounts for most kills. Those concerned about leaderboards tend to cheat them by letting everyone else drop player/vehicle health down until firing off the killing blow. Not to mention friends getting on opposing factions next to an AMS to pull an extremely high K/D ratios.

In essence, if you're concerned with K/D ratios and leaderboards, you're playing PS2 all wrong.
  12. Anubis2x

Good luck with them bugs - still having fun...having faith for having more fun once these bugs are crushed!
  13. George_C_Scott

What Smed meant to say was "they are MORE unacceptable to us.."

As a developer myself, I shed a tear every-time I hear about a problem / crash with my software. I can't imagine the pressure of PS2 development! In that light, kudos, you guys are awesome.
    • Up x 2
  14. Teshrrar

Thank you for all the updates. I believe on you, devs.
  15. McKnighter

Hang in there, coders. I am enjoying the FREE game you provided for us. Keep working hard!
    • Up x 2
  16. Quake

How about bringing back ground to air AA capability. Smed why don't you jump in a Skygard tonight and feel the power of waving a wet noodle around. I figure if something needs to get done why not have the CEO spend the night in one. By morning it would be fixed for sure or heads would roll :)
    • Up x 1
  17. MilitiaMan

SMEDLONIOUS HAS SPOKEN!
  18. Bejita231

Of course they are unnacceptable to you, this is your cash cow, its not like you care that we are actually crashing or not, lets get real now
  19. Velron

Thanks for keeping us posted like this, it's nice to see.
  20. Undead Clown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.