Stat Padding Consequences?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klypto, Jan 8, 2014.

1. MadBeef

2. -MJ12-

To the guys that keep saying it is bannable - where did you get this information from? Source?
    I reported two guys so far doing it, even with a support ticket - they have not been banned after 6 months.
    So NO, it is obviously not bannable. Unfortunately.
  3. Rohxer

Months ago I saw a guy stat padding in an empty corner of the map. This was back when GMs would regularly announce their presence. I sent the GM a tell, they came over, saw the guy doing Bad Things, and poof he was gone. He was offline for three days so I'm assuming he got a 3-day suspension for it. So there was a consequence at some point.
  4. ST4LK3R

If you want SOE to take any action, make a ticket with links to evidence. They'll get banned probably instantly or within 24 hours.
    I did that once when I was about ~BR 30+ because I needed more certs for my cloak upgrade. Would you trust me if I tell you that I didn't care anything about stats? Anyway, all my accounts were banned on 21/12/2012. And for some reason, I thought it was not fair for me to have all my accounts banned for such harmless thing that I did for just 100+ certs. The term stats padding was a new word I learned that day from SOE.

So I contacted GMs via tickets and they let me appeal. Only my main account was unbanned, they let me keep my Battle Rank BUT all my certs, exp and any upgrade in cert trees are GONE. So I was a BR30 something with 0 certs, 0 exp, 0 upgrades. From that day, I stay away from any form of exploits or bug abuses because I won't get a another chance and I've put a lot of both time and money in my main VS character.

Go ahead and report him. Chances of him getting unbanned is very slim and even if he gets unbanned for some reason, it's gonna be pretty funny to watch a BR100 with 0 certs, 0 exp and 0 upgrades.

Read what I said.
  5. LibertyRevolution

Was on my way to cap a base when I heard gunfire off in the distance.
    This was in uncappable friendly territory, so I went to investigate.
    Turns out this guy was bot boosting off on the edge the map..

6. Emotitron

Considering how little you get from killing infantry, not sure

I am not sure a BR 100 is going to even dent his K/D or SPM doing that. The longer you have been playing the less impact deaths and kills have on your stats. If you want some bloated stat character like that he would just be better off starting from scratch. He might be doing something else, who knows.
  7. FieldMarshall

Thats not stat padding. Thats stat... slowing?
  8. Luperza Community Manager

We do not tolerate stat padding. If you find any suspicious behavior, please send it to our Customer Service Team and we will take care of it.
    • Up x 4
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Yes!

Little story from Waterson this morning:

25-48 TR were at Tarwich Recycling and moving into Tarwich. I saw it coming but only a few others did. Not leading a squad I couldnt say anything on /Orders.

I wasnt going to pull a tank because there were so many of them. but then I saw some crazy crazy man pull a Vanguard and I said to myself "ok, I'll go die with this brave soldier; we'll go down fighting"

Turns out me in the maxed out AP Lightning and this brave, brave 1/2 Vanguard wrecked the entire assault by ourselves. We killed 7 Prowlers, 6 Sunderers (maybe more, it was nuts) 3 harassers, numerous Lightnings and I even shot a Lib and a Mossie out of the sky in the middle of it all. We were sending /tells back and forth about how epic what we just did was. Some random guy I'd seen around but never worked with before. I let him choose the targets most of the time then provided extra DPS on them. When he was hurt and his shield went off Id pull around in front of him and tank a few hits while he repaired. We pretty well alternated who was taking the hits and kept the fire on the targets. I did wind up chasing down a couple of the Sunderers and tanks myself, but always linked back up as soon as I could. Cant leave another soldier to face it all alone.

Killing those Sunderers broke the back of the entire assault. We could have farmed them easily, but our goal was to stop them from taking Tarwich, not make certs. We made plenty of certs in keeping the base. And I felt like I won, which is something that cert farming just doesnt give you. (yes, I do farm now and then)
    • Up x 1
  10. NC_agent00kevin

Probably ran/runs scripts/clever macros to do it. If I spent the time, I could set up my joystick to run to a specific location from a specific spawn tube then knife twice. Or any number of things. But I dont use any macros because Ive always felt like it was cheating to not actually and physically press every button required to perform an action in game.

Anyone with KDRs that are significantly higher than normal are padding stats in some way. Whether it be only going to certain battles because thats where you can get high KDRs, flying ESFs in open territory looking for lone, helpless travellers, hiding in spawn rooms, etc etc. Its a sense of prestige and status to some. Ive met many players on the battlefield that were more skilled than many of Watersons 'famous' players, but they had lower KDs. Because they fought the fights that needed fought, and didnt cherry pick certain locations or farm their way to absurd stats.
    • Up x 2
  11. ST4LK3R

Here take this umbrella and use it before elitists start spitting on you. :D
    • Up x 2
  12. Ufio

Hey, out of curiosity, what is the legal number of times can u kill a player over and over again?. I tend to stay around choke points a lot thats where most of the kills, killstreaks and certs come from on my heavy class, and killing the guy over and over again after being revived is kinda fun to see.
  13. csvfr

Here the other day after defending a Hive I noticed enemy presence in the upper left corner of Indar (our home WG was north). Scanning the hex from my reaver I noticed one friendly soldier, a friendly cloaked sundy and a TR max, all doing nothing. I figured now was the time to act so started firing off rockets at the max only to get a decimator in return from the friendly, which turned out to be a BR 120 which is even on my friendslist.

There has been one other time when I've experienced something similar, and then got a friendly tell that ''don't kill it, he is helping me with something'', and so moved on. Being a bit grumpled by this players more rude behavior, I flew back and TK him twice in return, only to be weapon locked. This players name is Gipa, and looking at his killboard he seems to have had a heavy statpadding session yesterday http://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=gipa killing the same BR 13 about 400 times over three hours.

So I doubt there is a maximum number or any automatic handling of it.
  14. csvfr

15. Scatterblak

There are no consequences. Next question.
  16. pnkdth

Digging up a thread from 2014? Oh, look there's Maggie. Nostalgia feels engaged.
  17. DIGGSAN0

18. Recreo

The consequence is they wasted their time for unearned stats in a game that revolves around objectives and team play.
  19. HAXTIME

[IMG]