Stat Padding Consequences?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klypto, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Klypto

Is there any consequences for a stat padder?

For example someone who has a main, creates another new account and has it go to a place and die repeatedly like 5-6 times to the main, and then deletes the account and creates a new one & repeat.

I've recently come across evidence of a BR100 doing this on my server (pretty hardcore too, like a couple thousand times in a row). It's ridiculously obvious and I'm really disappoint to see something like this from them. It makes me seriously doubt their stats now.

The part I don't get is why. Is there no consequences other than thinking he's a total scumbag or do they just don't care?
  2. jiggu

Why would anyone even bother with that it's just faster to l2p and kill normal scum

Also what does this have anything to do with stat padding? If so he's cheating for certs not stats
  3. Earthman

Because people who complain about how "meaningless" territorial control is want to pad stats, which are even more meaningless in the day to day actual playing of the actual game.
    • Up x 2
  4. jiggu

I seriously doubt anyone would do that to get a cool number that will deteriorate as they play and only shows if someone bothers looking you up anyway.
  5. Klypto

At BR100 you don't really need certs that badly especially with what he plays, trust me.

This guy is definitely padding for stats.
  6. shd

I'm pretty sure they banned people for that (repeatedly killing the same guy/guys to lvl up and stuff) before but you have to report it, it can be hard to detect on it's own unless they are actively looking for that.

As for doubting their stats, this game has so many ways of padding them that they are for the most par irrelevant.
  7. NoctD

I thought one can be banned for stat padding - but I'm not sure SOE cares. Since it hurts no one else directly, and these could be paying customers.

Would love to see SOE get serious with all forms of cheating, hacking, etc but their slow and reactive approach relying on reports is probably among the worse TOS enforcement in the gaming industry. If only they could repurpose SOE-MOD-XX into GMs... with the zeal of how quickly they close some discussion topics, we might actually get somewhere with in game issues.
  8. Niamar

They do it to boost kdr, report them and move on. Almost certainly nothing will be done, but you have done your part.
  9. Earthman

I think stat padding does serve one purpose:

It just adds to the emptiness of the stupid stats being padded. Between scripts/cheats and alt exploits and margin-lurking lolpodding and other "muh K/D ratio" padding behaviors, it shows what nonsense the entire concept is.
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

I would frankly just ignore him. He knows that his stats are not as good as he would like no matter how many hours he spends trying to hide it from other people. If you do come across him doing it again and can get video evidence of it you can try reporting him. I could care less about other players stats, or even my own stats. The stat that makes the biggest impact in this game is AMS sunderers destroyed per hour, and you can't find it anywhere. Everything else is farming.
  11. RogueVindicare

You mean this?

(Linked from another thread)
  12. NoctD

But... but, I thought I was farming AMS sundies by destroying them. Really, people leave them all over the place, they're an XP piñata most times!
  13. Yuukikun

It serves a purpose. It gives a huge ego boost to the people with normal stats that kill him, and it makes the stat padding guy feel even more of a scrub after dying to people with normal KDR. I see so many stat padders everyday that i don't really care anymore, i only use my own stats to improve myself, not to compare to others.

The bigger problem imo is the opposite phenomenon. People who use subtle hacks and pad their stats negatively to make their stats less suspicious.
  14. Yuukikun

The fun part is that he doesn't even have 100% accuracy with the knife lmao
  15. RHINO_Mk.II

That's not on you, that's on the imbeciles who leave it there and think it will look after itself.
    • Up x 1
  16. AssaultPig

that seems like somebody farming out their knife auraxium, not padding stats for the sake of K/D.

but ultimately I mean, who cares? If it makes them happy it doesn't really matter
  17. oherror

Just report them and move on. Also just know that some one has way too much time.
  18. Vinakis

That must have been REALLY boring. :eek:
  19. KiRRA

What actions can be considered as stat padding? I already read above about the obvious, using alt accounts to gain certs/kills/etc. as well as using hacks/cheats to do the same.

My question is mainly:
    Is using a specific vehicle/weapon/class almost 80-90% of the time cause you find it enjoyable technically viewed as stat padding by the community if that weapon is boosting your k/d or spm with little to no drawbacks? I play a lot (A LOT) of Skyguard and not that it matters ofcourse but I'm just curious if my play style is considered to be "stat padding" as Skyguard usually ends with alot of kills but little deaths if you don't put yourself out into the middle of the warzone. Let me add that's I don't play it for the stats but because turning ESFs into fiery hunks of junk is quite fun.

Again, I know it technically doesn't matter so long as I'm enjoying myself but just felt like asking.
    • Up x 1
  20. Vinakis

You already have the right view of it, that as long as you're enjoying what you're doing, it doesn't matter, but...

Depending on how elite someone thinks they are, you could be standing around picking your nose, and they will call you a stat padder.