Starting to get fed up with the game!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GhostAvatar, Apr 13, 2013.

1. DjUnicorn

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...te-of-this-game-is-outright-atrocious.115403/

Tried to bring attention to it once here and a couple times on reddit and I will never do it again. This community is one of the worst I have seen and a person can't feel but impelled to lower to the same level just to fan out some rage.
  2. Aisar

I am starting to get fed up as well. I can look past a lot of things, it's in my character to accept a lot of things but eventually you have to say enough is enough. The recent cert debacle was another strike and now I am noticing some shockingly low server pops. I am trying to find a new server to play on and a new faction to play and now I am faced with the realization that I don't have my $200+ worth of unlocks. The game is becoming a little too much work, stress, inconvenience, whatever word sounds best. My TESO Beta invite can't come fast enough :D
  3. Hibiki54

Upgrade your PC, OP.
  4. Dubious

Loadout bug is related to VR, so if you stay away from VR...

What "bugs" me the most recently is the 2 load windows after every death, which we have had for months
    Before I had the occasional 3 loads, now I have 2, 99% of the time
    So, maybe in 2 months I will have the occasional 2..

2nd on the list is all the shotguns that get added, with the already short/fast TTK, it just ruins the whole game experience
    I rather get killed by a sniper sitting on a ridge than some punk that managed to pull the trigger first for a CQC OHK
    • Up x 1
  5. Aisar

Yeah I totally forgot about shotguns. TBH I don't have a problem with the semi and full auto shotties as much as the pumps. Those can disappear. Also NC MAX and Phoenix can go as well, sick of these ridiculous things. Stop adding weapons into the game that are fundamentally flawed and unfair.
  6. Mercyceleste

I don't tend to crash any more out of the game - especially once I realised putting my pc to sleep, then waking it to play PS2 made it unstable (I now do a clean reboot). However, I am still experiencing old old bugs (Stuck on Grenade launcher - Flashing screen etc). last night too at Dahaka on Miller a hacker nearly capped the base single-handed against about a hundred friendlies and despite being reported dozens of times remained a nuisance with no GM in sight - that sucked. But I've got to say I still love the game. I laugh every time a new bug is introduced or SOE get something wrong but I also marvel at what they have achieved - battles on such a large scale. Over all - I'm still impressed and addicted to the game - my expectations have just gone down somewhat.
  7. SgtCheese

As far as performance goes, It is equal to the best it has every run. But I suggest everyone turn off shadows and flora, seriously 20 fps boost means even in heavy vehicle spamming fights fps never goes below 40. I doesn't even look worse, it just looks different. Once you get used to it you wont know the difference.
  8. Northandler

I've run into the same problem. The game is not stable. I have fresh and upgraded install of windows 8 working on asus board.
    2.9 ghz Phenom II 6 core
    20 gb ram
    Radeon 6700 graphics card = 45 fps

The game will run smoothly for about 2 hours then crash on a redeploy or just randomly during the game. During the game my CPU peaks at 43 Celsius and my GPU at 42 Celsius. I normally test my games for 5 hours and this one failed miserably. I can normally just shut down the game through the task manager and restart, but it's still a hassle. On Other modern games, I've done a 5 hour stress test and I haven't had these issues.

Also I later overclocked to 3.9 gz with a peaking full load 5 hour temperature of 50 degrees Celsius. Windows was stable and I stress tested the other games. This game can not take over clocking at all. It crashes like you would not believe. At the warp gate you the picture is steady, but when you start moving the graphics start to tear until the point where the game freezes...

If you're getting a problem with the graphics flashing and have a over clocked computer. Namely: alienware. You might want to set the chipset back to the factory standards.

This is an epic game. The company can and is making a killing off of it. Why not invest a little money and make the programming a little more stable, eh?