Standardization of VS alternative ammo and others?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DiatomicClaw166, Mar 28, 2022.

1. DiatomicClaw166

Hello there! First post I ever made so my apologies if I ramble on but I wanted to share my thoughts on the alternative ammo types and how we should perhaps standardize them before this update hits the live servers. This could be an important discussion as any ideas or solutions made here could perhaps carry over to the other factions.

First off, Unstable Ammo. As we all know, it doubles your projectile size making it easier to slap planetmen in CQC in exchange for nerfing your headshot multiplier to 1.2 instead of 2. Got it, love it, no questions about it. However I think it should be added to more weapons that were intended for CQC in nature rather than being slapped on any old gun.

(i.e. Unstable Ammo on the Ursa is a pretty dumb idea, also it doesn't make the rounds nearly as big on other weapons as much as it does on the Doku weapons. Idk if its cause the Doku guns innately have bigger rounds or if the projectile increase isn't taking effect correctly but yeah.)

Next up is Lashing Ammo. Now I am entirely all for turning more guns into micro lashers as we here in the Vanu Sovereignty are all about those 'weird niche' weapons and functionalities, but I'm only seeing this ammo type available to only the Lacertta and the Corvus, both weapon platforms are only available to the medic and one of them is a burst rifle so there really isn't much opportunity to try this out on other weapon types.

So because of this, my thoughts on the subject are that we should perhaps better differentiate between the two ammo types by making unstable ammo available to all VS hipfire orientated weapons and make lashing ammo available to weapons that are more focused for longer ranged engagements.

If not that my other suggestion is that we should toss out one of the two ammo types so we have a more standardized "alternative" ammo.

If that still doesn't work my next suggestion would be to mash the two together to make one alternative ammo type and have that as the standardized "alternative" ammo.

Please share any and all questions, comments, concerns, or answers below. We're trying to have an open line of dialogue available to all. Thank you for your time
    • Up x 1