Stalker: Teammate Awareness

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Chryvrius, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Chryvrius

I play with stalker cloak as it is most definitely my favorite cloak and ultimately my favorite way to play planetside. However, I find myself constantly dying by my own teammates. Either its them intentionally or unintentionally shooting through me or luring fire towards me and ignoring my existence or even using me as a practical bullet wall and I just. So I want to ask you community, do you all do this intentionally, do you just hate infiltrators? Or am I just surrounded by *******. Thanks.

I hate you all
    you're all the best love you

- Chry
  2. iller

Most of my movement when I'm playing Stalker.... is based on staying far away from allies. This especially applies to Connery N.C. who've typically been the most dangerous thing in the game to other Connery N.C. since the Zephyr got nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mahaut

Doesn't happen all that much to me. Then again, I'm an agoraphobic lone wolf and only run with allies if I have absolutely no other choice whatsoever, so even in big fights, I'll usually be behind enemy lines, picking off snipers and turret engineers and lock-on heavies and stuff. So aside from the random scythe or liberator that didn't wait for the dorito to appear, allies aren't usually a problem. Also, I didn't chose the faction with the rock theme. I'm vanu, the faction for civilized people. :rolleyes:

Still, of course, there are these times... Like, a few months ago, I was in moss ravine, the enemy nc zerg had just flipped it and hunted down the last few vanu survivors. I had manages to get myself in position in time, on these elevated rocks right behind the spawnroom from where you can see the vehicle terminal, and had already picked off a few oblivious nc zerglings with my xbow. Suddenly, a KOTV light assault jumps down from the cliffs near me, run straight in my direction and, blatantly ignoring the rest of the base swarming with enemies, unloads his shotgun in my face.

I was like... What?! :mad:
  4. CuteBeaver

I think it happens to everyone. Especially so the more "protective" or CQC roles you take. If I am preventing backrage on point holds sometimes I will get sprayed by pubs gunfire even though the enemy is already dead from my ambush. Its clearly not intentional because they often stop soon after, but the damage is done. I don't have much of a choice in some of these situations. During OPS I have to put up with it because that is my job for that moment. Example if flex fire team moves to sweep a doorway or clear generator room I am going to be preventing flanks while this happens. Thankfully our medics are awesome and tend to pick me up or heal through allied misfires.

Never underestimate greed. Iv been straight out TK'd by allied HA who was mad i "stole" his kill. I even saved one from being killed by a light assault who tried to flank him, and he turned around and executed me after fully assessing the situation. These are generally rare occurrences though. I think we have all experienced "friendlies" hiding behind us while we are trying to blend, its probably the most trolly thing you can do to an infiltrator. IMO just shift, and watch them... If they are trying to troll you just TK them and explain you don't appreciate them using you as a human shield. Iv only had to do that about 3 times in a row before the guy finally gave up. Even just innocent allied dark lights have been the cause of my death. Darklights are the number one reason that unless I absolutely NEED to be with my allies its often MUCH better to avoid the masses.

I think the hardest part is learning to use and abuse your allies, just as much as they do it to you. Think about using them as distractions or allow them to go in first and draw enemy fire while you finish off their kills. They make great blood cover, they can cover your escape or slow your attackers down. You can command their attention with radar enticing them to pursue targets on the mini map. Especially true with the recon detect device since its ranged you can basically carrot on a stick your allies into hunting enemies down and fanning out in a specific area. Of course enemy attention also is drawn to this location allowing you to counter flank and get more kills in the process. Remember every good kill-streak ends with friendly fire.
  5. Moonheart

Welcome to the stalker's life.
    "Teamates" are your worst enemies:

- They don't care about you
    - They don't understand what you are doing anyway
    - And yet, you're not supposed to kill them

My adivce: play far from them.
    Only a stalker can be another stalker's real teamate.
    • Up x 1