[Stalker Showmatch] Iridar vs CuteBeaver (Alternating PoV)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CuteBeaver, Dec 5, 2015.

1. CuteBeaver

Hello everyone

Iridar51 and I had some fun on the Public Test Server. What started out as bug testing became a hilarious stab fest. We found the footage pretty entertaining and major props to Iridar51 for assembling it and making everything look pretty. If this is something you'd like to see more from us let us know. On a side note: My overlay is necessary due to a smaller screen 1680 x 1050. Yes, I made it myself using MS Paint <3 lol.

We Hope you all enjoy the video! We had lots of fun making it. :3
    • Up x 5
  2. breeje

1vs1 and no clear winner, nice moves
    just think of what you two could achieve when playing on the same faction/team
  3. Moridin6

who doesnt love a new beaver
  4. Corezer

I'm just gonna say what everyone's thinking...

• Up x 4
  5. Iridar51

To anyone interested, I'm gonna explain the process behind making this video.

Over few last months I've been exposed to quite a few songs with alternating male and female vocals, like this one. This really caught my ear, so I decided to create a video with alternating points of view, showing a girl's PoV when a female sings, and a guy's PoV when male sings.

CuteBeaver immediately came to mind as a canditate for the female role. I enjoy reading her posts and respect her endlessly as one of the best infiltrators.

And since I've been playing a lot of stalker infiltrator recently - quite successfully, in my opinion - I've been itching to compare my skills against hers.

CuteBeaver met my offer with enthusiasm, and we set off to duel on the PTS.

The main goal of our fight wasn't to find out who's better - since a thing like that can't be discovered in a 1 v 1 fight, especially when Stalkers are concerned - but to show each other and the public what we can do. But I still wanted a fair and just duel, so I came up with the following rules.

We were to duel on a base owned by 3rd faction, so capture mechanics don't get in the way. Stalker infiltrators with crossbow were implied, but generally the choice of equipment was "anything you would normally use on a stalker".

So Crossbow, EMPs. CuteBeaver had her bandoleer with mines and regeneration, I got my adrenaline pump with medkits and Sensor Shield 4. Motion Spotters allowed. We generally set the area of operations around the middle point, and set out sunderers at opposite edges of the base.

It proved very difficult to find each other, we had to rely on baiting each other on motion spotters and cloaking sounds. But there still were tenths of minutes of just crawling around in stealth.

We played one session like that, shared our footage, and I began work on the video. We had to get more, though.

We decided to adjust rules for our second session: we were to drop stalker cloak, and instead use hunter cloaking with no primaries. That fastened up the pace considerably. Somewhere along the way I dropped my Sensor Shield. It was really too powerful for our purposes. CuteBeaver in reply were kind enough not to litter the area with mines, which would most certainly blow me up all the time :D

Throughout the making of the video we bounced ideas and comments, as to which moments to include or not. It took quite a lot of work from both of us, but it was well worth it.
    • Up x 1
  6. AlterEgo

[IMG]
  7. Inex

Didn't realize you were doing that, but the POV switch timing make much more sense now.

I've got a particular love of 'teaching' style videos. Your Infil detection with Dora was great. If I were to want anything more out of this it would be some byline by each of you noting what you're doing / where you think the other one is / etc. The ending with dual POV was something that could be interesting to show the actual cat & mouse gameplay in action.

Well done to both of you though. :D