STALKER MIGHT GET TO POWERFUL FEAR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Oct 14, 2017.

1. No0T

First of all "STALKER MIGHT GET TO POWERFUL FEAR" is more scary to real long wolf stalkers only players than any one else because this game would be **** if all heavy assault players would switch to stalkers just because we all know they are just powergaming.

Now with that being said this TREAD iS NOT ABOUT MAKING THE STALKER POWERFUL BUT MAKING THE SECONDARY WEAPONS actually good for something WITHOUT BUFFING the stalker though giving more weapon choices without the need to add more weapons.

SO HERE IS HOW.

Since dark light is actually able to be put in all weapons... To properly nerf secondary weapons all what we need is to nerf the damage at distance passing dark light effective effect in any combination of bullet damage drop and/or low speed of bullet of all secondary weapons... Basically we could make the game have all kind of powerfull secondary weapons as long as they dont 2 shot kill beyond darklight. The BALANCED pilot pistol is a very good way to show how this premise actually works and the other is the crossbow.

The other prooven nerf is the speed of the bullet as we all know we dont have people all over the place droping others in motion with 2 shoots with a crossbow at more than 5 m away even when the damage of the crossbow doesnt drop until 35 metters...

So why don't we have the DPS of secondary weapons reworked to have more useful variety to all stalkers and non stalkers.

Example we could have half damage-2 shots-drop past 10 m- underbarreled shotgun like or grenade launcher like or spiker secondary shot like weapons that looks cool with a lot more playability... and versatility without the STALKER MIGHT GET TO POWERFUL FEAR.
  2. PlanetBound

It's like that guy who was on the Carson show. The double talker. Loved that stuff.
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

I think most secondaries are in a good place, and any buff like the one you're proposing would be the final straw in making shotguns entirely worthless. I don't think secondaries should be equal but different than primaries, they should be an "oh ****, you caught me during a reload" kind of weapon, which they mostly are, revolvers aside.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pelojian

sidearms are for finishing off an opponent when your primary runs dry or adding capability your primary doesn't have in the case of light assaults and infiltrators.(taking a sidearm with range to make up for the CQC nature of your primary for example)
    • Up x 1
  5. No0T

A 45 magnum for example was supposed to just to finish off somebody? I thought all these people running around in the old wise west actually had it as an effective stooping power defense weapon...

But then again you are so focus on the stupid game you should not try to discuss with designers...
  6. No0T

2 shot kill at 10 m is not competing with the time to kill of any shot gun, shot guns kill in one shot at that distance or 2 shots if you are really bad at it. If you are going to try to discuss with anybody about the play-ability that any modification would bring you should first actually understand better what we have and then try with your numb brain to imagine what the change would do...

Also I am not proposing anything that isnt there... pilot pistol is there and the crossbow has been there forever... so why don you just f.. off you dont even read the **** i am talking about and discuss out of FEAR THAT STALKER WOULD BE TO POWERFUL.
  7. Pelojian

you keep posting so many buff thread to improve your maining on infiltrator to make up for your weaknesses, i don't i might make a comment here and there about something, but i'm not obsessed with making obnoxious thread after thread like you do.

look at the commissioner one of the best sidearms of all, if you want wild west then carry that thing around instead.

at least they didn't cripple your gameplay in CAI.

if the game is so stupid to you, why are you playing?
    • Up x 2
  8. LordKrelas

Considering those westerners brought out proper rifles to actually kill, not duel..
    I'd say they'd think the sidearm, which in general pales in comparison to the firepower of a primary weapon, hence sidearm, is not meant to match the firepower of any actual rifle, as it usually is a handgun.

Ah yes the Noot designer complex.

A shotgun is an RNG pellet spreader, that can miss at every range.
    And of the types of shotguns, there's ranges where even at the closest range outside of barrel-inside-target can it miss.

The Pilot, is a two-clicks chest-shot kill.
    That beats the SMG, Assault Rifle, LMG, Shotgun, and Sniper rifle for sheer simplicity.
    As you need only aim at the target & click twice.
    Any actual ability to aim, allows it to head-shot with a very accurate tri-burst.

Add that any sidearm, not barred from stalkers \ infils, is a weapon able to be used from ambush or during the short-ranged darklight hunts in the bloody dark.
    The time to react is quite small, and the need to aim is shifted onto the receiving aim, with as little skilled needed for the shooter.

The Pilot isn't balanced.
    Thank ****, that it's usually better off replaced with the Commissioner due to range issues.
    Then again, you prefer to play Stalker, hiding in a Corner, where apparently you can't actually aim.
    So I bet that firing in a straight line, is a challenging task.
  9. adamts01

A "45 magnum" was never really a thing. The 44 mag is a much more recent caliber and isn't practical for gunfights. Its only real use is being a bad alternative to a rifle for bear defense. They used the 45 Colt back in the day, and that was probably as potent as a 380 with modern powder and bullets. And no one runs around finishing people off with handguns, infantry are rarely even issued them because they're so greatly inferior and impractical compared to rifles. The 45 ACP didn't come along until 1911, because the 38 caliber revolvers were losing to knives in the American Philippine War, and they needed a more potent handgun because of the length of time required to reload their bolt action rifles. With magazine size and reload speeds improved, handguns are rarely seen in battle these days. Throughout all of history and currently, handguns have always been something to grab when you don't have a rifle, and they're an incredibly poor substitute. All that said, I don't think that video games should perfectly model real life, so I'm fine with these comically overpowerd handguns we have. What I do think is that you're entire knowledge of firearms comes from movies and video games, and you should realize that you don't have any idea about real combat or weapons. So go ahead and make balance suggestions, but real life examples aren't your thing.

Calm down kid, I'm not insulting you, just giving my honest feedback, don't take it personally. Firstly, most shotguns don't actually OHK someone, only the pump actions have that potential, and you're not 1-shotting someone at 10m. I do think the Pilot is balanced due to its incredible recoil to limit range and its very limited magazine capacity. The Commissioner would be balanced if it only held 4 shots with a faster reload, but it's honestly as good or better than many primaries and is better than semi-auto shotguns in most situations. It was a straight up money grab that never got properly nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  10. TR5L4Y3R

while there are exceptions with the emmissary and hunter crossbow most sidearms are there to supplement your primary if runs out of ammo and throw out that nessesary finishing shot ... yes that includes commisioners AND black hands
    • Up x 1
  11. adamts01

I still think the Comissioner is a little too over-tuned. Just slightly. I really only miss my SMGs because I can put a silencer on them. But if you don't care about silencers, it's on par with them, and with semi-auto shotguns in most situations. 4 bullets with a quicker reload, that would give it the same ttk but with less wiggle room for misses. Blackhand is fine as is, thanks to its relatively terrible hipfire.
  12. SpeedFreakPS0NE

Yes please buff the crossbow :)
  13. No0T

Thank god none of you is a designer... Like the one I am speaking to... because you didn't understand **** of the change I am talking about or its impact in the game play... But most importantly... The DPS I am talking about is already there so why dont you all just shut up?
  14. No0T

And the fact that all these people came here to say NO to an imaginary buff that was never here is just pathetic to be nice. And I am not nice, just not saying what I think of all of you... Morons.
  15. FateJH

This is the third time I will be telling you this but maybe you'll believe me when I tell you that your posts are occasionally difficult to understand.
  16. Humoreske

OK,New darklight available.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. Insignus

Hello! You've been issued a Heresy Citation for:

Class A (Promotion of ****tery)
    Sub 14 - N00T - 30 Tokens

Class A Citations are issued for specific heretical beliefs that are defined as promoting ****tery within the Planetside 2 Community, including, but not limited to, In-Game Actions, Statements of Belief in both Forum and Reddit, in ways that have been deemed injurious under the remit of the Falkyrate.

If you feel you have received this citation in error, please contact the Directorate of Ecumenical Relations & Protocols, at (ERROR: NUMBER OUT OF SERVICE).

Thank You,

Have a Nice Day!

ShadowInsignus, Fylkir, Connery
    • Up x 1