Squad Deploy nerf exposes the horrible base design

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jak, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jak

You didn't justify your assertion that you can escape vehicles camping spawn rooms in "a number of ways". Please provide them and remember that we're speaking in terms of discussing the viability of base defense.
  2. ChicoFuerte

PAGE 50!
  3. Ender

So you think that the raw number of people you bring to a base should always be the de-facto win condition? There shouldn't ever be an opportunity to outplay a less intelligent opponent? I think I see the problem with your replies now.

Also, you keep implying that jak suggested he wanted all bases walled off and go on to attack his OP as if he said "WALLS, GET'EM." You seem to be associating what other people say in other threads to what jak has posted here, and that JAK WANTS THIS AND ONLY THIS OR URBAD. Please quit being so narrow minded. No one is saying this is how it has to happen and its the only way it'll work. Asking for more thoughtful and intelligent base design is not some out of this world concept. PS1 fights were more engaging to the player because you had to fight all the way to the spawn tubes to blow them up. This is what a lot of us want to feel again. Numbers definitely still matter in that situation, but a talented and organized group of individuals could definitely slow down those numbers as well.

We all play the same game, we all want it to succeed (I think?), too many people respond with comments that take bits and parts from other things they've read and they apply them to someone else's post assuming they know exactly what that individual wants and how they think. When confronted with a truth not consistent with their assumptions, they press on anyways selectively ignoring what doesn't fit their picture. If you want to be right just to be right, then by all means inflate yourself however you choose. Most of us want the game to keep evolving and getting better and offer suggestions based on our own experience, which is completely relative. The more experience a person gains the more they're able to weigh in on different facets of the game simply because they've seen many man situations play out.

Dedicating resources to something more players than not, view favorably, is not a waste of resources at all. It's also pretty comical to think a company like SOE would cater to minority groups because they "rage" the loudest. If SOE decides to do something, it's because they believe it will improve their game and their net gain, not because anonymous players are shouting louder than others. Though generally, more players shouting means more players have an issue they are concerned about. Call it what you will, but when multiple people are saying the same thing there's probably an issue. Now unless SOE has the ability to pay for psychiatrists and change the way their players play their games, the best option is to grease the squeeky wheel in a manner that addresses most concerns brought up.
    • Up x 2
  4. deggy

There are 4 more pages of this thread that I need to catch up on, but I had to stop at this post.

Thank you for understanding what tankers actually want, because it's not farming infantry out of a spawn room. Anyone who wants to do this isn't a tanker, they're a scrub in a tank.
    • Up x 6
  5. Posse

In fact, the bigger the scale, the more the numbers matter.

12vs18 has a much higher chance of winning than 48vs72, and both fights are 3:2 odds.

Then 90% of all the people who drive tanks are scrubs in a tank :p
  6. deggy

VOILA.

And now we arrive at the problem :D

I suggest making the default gun a heavy Basilisk-style thing and making people buy everything with splash for certs. HEAT should be 500, AP 750, and HE 1000.
  7. Cab00se187

1) Call in reinforcements - You know that thing called command chat?
    2) Use the tools proved to you against said attackers - aka rocket launchers vs armor
    3) Use scouts to alert you of your impending doom against armor and prepare
    4) Mine all roads and paths leading up to your base
    5) Admit defeat and move on.
  8. CDN_Wolvie

Have you posted this post to a NC is Under Powered (Stats ++) thread yet? :D

I personally think poor base design is an issue that is impacting all aspects of the game, I thought the Shack O'Doom this game launched with was a pretty clear case study in that :p
  9. jak

I would say good effort, but...
  10. Cab00se187

Well sorry buddy, but it appears you have a case of L2P. Maybe simpler games like BF or CoD are more up your alley
  11. Sock

Have you considered getting an ant farm? They're pretty cheap and offer a similar gameplay experience to what you seem to enjoy.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cab00se187

Not my problem if you can't figure out how to play this game and must have it turned into an arena based shooter but hey, simple people need simple things
  13. Sock

Perhaps one day I'll have the intimate understanding of the game that you've so clearly demonstrated in this thread.
  14. jak

It looks as if the developers agree with us considering the trend they're following.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cab00se187

Oh you mean the trend of dumming their game down to cater to simpletons like MLG players? Yes I agree with you.
  16. velleity

dumbing*
    • Up x 3
  17. Shadowyc

If vehicles dominate every area of the game, then it's simply shifting the goal posts from infantry to vehicles. :L Which, disappointingly, means spawn camping becomes the only strategy worth doing, because the rest aren't worth the time and ease.
  18. ThePowerofLava

Welp.... Yet another game design thread, turned into a ****-tossing contest by trolls and the narrow-minded. Pretty sure it's time.

[IMG]
  19. Cab00se187

ya ya, was rushing but either way, the game will get dumbed down, and everything will most likely turn into instanced area's. At this point I don't even think adding Hossin is worth it anymore when people are just going to cry about it.
  20. Darsh

The games doesn't have enough players to have Hossin. Two out of the three continents are already empty 90% of the time.. Except during alerts..
    • Up x 1