Sprinting and your knife

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sarcasmo, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Sarcasmo

I have noticed that whenever you are trying to play a stalker cloak and use the power knife, it is impossible to knife someone who is running if you have to chase them, the fraction of a second you slow down to swing your knife is long enough for them to get out of reach.

How do you guys feel about being able to swing your knives while you sprint, or having some sort of lunging attack with it. How would we make this fair and fun for everyone? What are some drawbacks to it?
  2. Xellon

You could try to jump at them and knife while in the air. When airbourne, you won't slow down while swinging your knife, thus still hitting them. It's kinda hard to pull of though!
    I assume you use adrenaline pump? While the bonus is almost minimal, it helps to keep running enemys in range!
    • Up x 1
  3. Thundastorm

Since I use the Lumine Edge, I get way more knife kills than with the default.
    Yes, it got me killed a few times that I can't knife people running away from me, but every item needs a downside.
    It feels so powerful that I'm okay with only being able to hit stationary targets.

My main problem is that it does not count towards the Force Recon Directive Knife kills.
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

The short attack range is a known issue with all knives in wielded mode. They should just increase the range slightly and change the animation from swing to stab.
    • Up x 1