Splash works in VR, phoenix can hit infantry in VR

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Pikachu, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Pikachu

Todays 660mb update have finally made splash damage work in VR again. Also for the first time, phoenix missiles can hit infantry rather than passing straight through them. Sadly it still can't kill them. ;_;
    • Up x 9
  2. Matt879

You're telling me that something that we've asked for since VR was released has finally been implemented? Impossible!
    • Up x 3
  3. Pikachu

Splash damage has worked before long ago. There is still the bug of bullets hitting invisible walls (then continuing afterwards).
    • Up x 1
  4. Matt879

I don't remember a time where it worked, but maybe I missed it.
  5. Ronin Oni

When VR launched.
  6. Malorn

It broke about a year ago, fixed :)
    • Up x 7
  7. jiggu

By Higby's mane! How wonderful
  8. Ribero

Thank you for this news Pikachu.
    • Up x 1
  9. iller

they could if they registered headshots like normal rockets (and tanks and Dalton & everything else can).
    • Up x 1
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

They aren't normal rockets. They are vehicles.
    Question is, if you quit controlling them just before an opposing head, will it turn into a normal rocket?
  11. commandoFi

Yay! VR is finally a useable way to test explosive weapons! Can we get thermals working on infantry in VR as well?
  12. ThePropain

Any chance of fixing this one? I'm a little annoyed with getting blinded by bullet impact flash when I try out stuff in VR.
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

You could just drive a Flash up there and afterburn through the wall, then you can test from inside the walled in area. ^^
  14. kadney

Nice to read, finally. :)
  15. TheKhopesh

Nope.
    It's like hopping out of an ESF flying toward someone.

Still a vehicle, just without a pilot (Which is why it dive bombs shortly after you exit).

I'm sure they could add a headshot mechanic (Just have it have an invisible, 0 damage "knife" with no audio constantly swinging infront of it at 1,000 RPM. When it detects a headshot (yes, the knife can detect headshots, as it's essentially a "bullet" that has no visuals and only exists for a very very short set distance before it dissappears) apply another X amount of flak missile damage (I believe other rockets HS multiplier is 1.5x, so +375 damage) to the target.
    (That's just one way it could be done with considerable ease for the coder(s) and wouldn't be at all resource intensive on client or server performance. If there's a different way the devs know of that would be even more efficient, that'd be fine too.)

(Also, getting a headshot with the Phoenix is considerably difficult unless the target is standing still. Infil's and maxes are the only targets that this could easily be done to. Any engie turrets out there are already OHK's to anywhere on the turret, so that's not really a concern, maxes will survive the hit with just fine, as they do with any launcher, and infil's can cloak. Getting hit by a screaming missile when you can literally turn invisible -infils that are cloaked, even sprinting, are entirely invisible to the phoenix til you're about 0.25 seconds flight from them, making hitting them when they run away entirely guess work and/or dumb luck.)

Last but not least, the Lancer should get headshots as well.

++++Edit++++
    Hey, because the Phoenix is a vehicle, can we get roadkill bonuses for it when we take out infantry who aren't in a vehicle? :p