[Suggestion] Spitfire Utility Slots

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Meserion, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Meserion

The spitfire turret feel like an unfinished product, they end up just being enemy spotting tools rather than actual turrets. I think they could stand for improvements in the form of utility modules.

Spitfire Shield Module

After not taking damage for 8 seconds, The Spitfire Turret gains a 1000 point shield that absorbs damage dealt to it.

This would be about making the spitfire a bit tougher vs. MAX and heavy rushes of chokepoints and provide them with protection from the blast damage from shelling from HE and AP rounds.

Spitfire Rapid Scan Module

Dramatically reduce the target aquisition time of the Spitfire and also allow it to effectively track moving targets. Additionally, EMP grenades do not disable the turrets only the Rapid Scan System.

This would be about making the Spitfire a bit more effective at hitting moving targets and dealing with faster infantry targets, it would be more fragile without the Shield Module but that is the tradeoff, you can't have both.

Spitfire Heavy Cannon 'Rhino' Module

Replaces the standard Spitfire barrel with twin heavy AP cannons that deal decent damage to armor, but the Spitfire no longer targets infantry.

This would act as an alternative AV option for engineers when you more firing angles instead of just a straight rocket turret. Yes it no longer hits Infantry, but a fair trade I think.

Spitfire SAM 'Scorpion' Launcher Module

Replaces your standard barrel with a tri-mounted anti-air rocket platform. Once a target is locked in with Target Finder, the 'Scorpion' fires a three round burst of rockets that will track their target up to 600 meters before detonating. The 'Scorpion' cannot be used to target infantry or Armor targets.

This would be an AA option for engineers, best part is the Target Finder allows you to stand up to 50 meters from the turret allowing you to hide yourself or the turret from enemy bombers or infantry.
    • Up x 1
  2. TR5L4Y3R

600 meter aa? you for real? no aarl reaches that far ... and i rather would have a aamanaturret

scaners are a thing for infiltrators so lets not start to crossover abilities ... there is already the crossbow with motion spotters for that ...
    no to ap sentry as you have already the avmanaturret for that and that would just bring a ton of salt to vehicle drivers and be even more rediculous with aditional heavies and maxes

... the only reasonable suggestion to me here is the shieldoption but only with 500 or 400 shield ...
  3. Grossalaud

I really like the "utiliy slots" idea.. so you can customize those turrets for different uses.
    Shield is good and faster acquisition time too.
    + i would like to see more options:
    • Auto-destruct (Explodes) if ennemy comes to close
    • Higher range but slower fire rate
    • different types of ammo (Armor piercing or grenade launcher)
    • Cloak module.
    • AA would be nice too but not 600m range lol
    • Up x 1