Spending Certs

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Koberius, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Koberius

Hey, I'm new to the whole Planetside thing and am enjoying this newer version. I'm trying my hand at Infiltrator and looking to spend some certs on upgrades, thing is I can't see (or just don't understand) the difference between the different upgrades such as the scopes. The models I have available to me are all 30certs but I don't know what is going to impact my play the most and in what way.
    Anyone care to tell me how I make an informed decision on what to pick? I'm trying to play a Long-range game.
  2. BrB Stove Exploded

Most scopes have different sights, they especially differ from race to race. So choosing the right one can be hard. I suggest looking up the you tube videos out there showing your factions Scope sights. They exist for all 3.

That being said for sniping, general consensus is that x8 is the perfect scope for the bullet drop/speed in game. A 12x scope makes the bullet travel time and drop feel very off, not only that but infantry will not render as far as you can see with it. Making it more of a disadvantage really.

As a sniper unlock you will not feel like you wasted 30certs on the x8 for a SNIPER RIFLE.
  3. Meiu

8x scope is trash for NC. You want either the 7x for medium/long range on your bolt driver, or a 12x scope on your LA80 since LA80 has almost zero bullet drop for a huuuuuge distance. Or if you are me you put a 7x on your bolt driver and a 12x on your la80 and switch between them depending on what you intend to shoot.

The scopes for each faction have different sight pictures and all that, so the 8x scope is bad for NC because it has no way to gauge your distance it is literally just one giant crosshair and thats it.
  4. BrB Stove Exploded

I remember in beta the 12x being a weird alien type cross hair for NC. Is this still true?
  5. Meiu

No, the 12x scope now has crosshairs and mils. It isn't that wierd Predator style trigonomic pyramidal.
  6. Koberius

Thanks for the replies!