Spending Certs

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scrye, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Scrye

I played the game a little a while back, getting up to BR36 on a VS character and spending some cash on weapons so I'm not a total noob. However, things seem to have changed.

My current main is TR, which is a departure from playing as VS. Mainly in that I'm limited to the basic weapons.

When did the free weapon/XP boost and camo disappear? Due to this I'm debating whether I should spend my certs maxing out hunter cloak or buy the TSAR with certs. I already had the M77-B, but I need something that's more effective at close ranges.

To the more experienced infils out there, am I better off getting level 6 Hunter Cloak, or the CQC BASR?
  2. Leivve

They changed the "starter package" very recently. Now you get 100 certs every time you level up to BR 15.

You can get whatever weapon you want, I recently realized I've had my hunter cloak at rank 3 recently. And I've been playing since beta.
  3. _itg

Get the TSAR before the last level of cloak. The last rank is definitely worth the purchase eventually, but it's not critical. The TSAR will open up a new and potentially very effective play style, though.
  4. Maxence822

TSAR is amazing! It is now my main weapon for my infil (except the NC version). Put a straight-pull bolt on it and it becomes a slow semi-auto OHK for headshots weapon! Also combined with EMP nades its boss in short range.
  5. Navron

This. I always recommended only getting last ranks after you feel like you've gotten everything else you've wanted.
  6. Scrye

Going to have to work on my twitch skills I guess.

Thanks for the advice, just purchased the TSAR. Time to give it a test run!
  7. MisterSlim

Twitch skills aren't super necessary (decent reflexes help, but don't go thinking you need to be an elusive1 xD), just make sure to stay aggressive and forward thinking. Decent aim and proper positioning are going to be your best friends. Hang back just a bit, and remember that your gun is an absolute monster at mid-longish range. Line up those shots, and remember that at range, there is never any shame in going for a fast two-bodyshot kill. Good luck!

-Stay Frosty