Spend SC on weapon, then have it nerfed to useless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Crator

That's why I don't buy guns most of the time.
  2. MikeyGeeMan

This hasn't happened in a while. I still purchase weapons and get a monthly when I can.

I really do still love this game. Can't find anything that fills the awe and holy cow where did that come from.

Believe me I've tried them all.
  3. deathwish200k

you know whats funny next big patch they nerf the **** out of the gatekeeper no long will it have super long range anymore shooting from 3 bases away
  4. Zombo

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kph&weapon1=7254&weapon2=80&weapon3=7236
    lmg changes did nothing to orion Q4 KPU and KPH, astounding, i wonder why that is...
    so many people claiming the Orion was OP because of 0.75 ADS and yet it still holds up
    and by holds up i mean being worse than MSW-R and Anchor since forever

vanu just was next in the circlepit of nerfing, which somehow started somewhere, when people suddenly thought
    "okay, i like my faction having more ammo on all infantry weapons, but the other faction having LMGs with which they can move slightly faster with is TOTALLY UNFAIR"

this stuff is just sucking out the faction differences one by one, just because of ******** people that can't stand getting killed in a video game

SOE should just have neglected nerfing anything faction specific, even if it was brokenly OP
    magrider was able to boost up cliffs, OP? yes, fun? hell yes
    vulcan on the Prowler was able to burst an ESF almost right above it away in less than a second, kill infantry better than anything and make more damage than any secondary MBT weapon, OP? yes, fun? hell yes!
    NC invincibility shield was ungodly OP if used right (which almost no one did) OP? yes, fun?.... i think you get it by now

tl:dr - faction imbalance was fun
    edit: okay ZOE was really to much, but it was also nerfed to much and is useless, so where is the fun in that?
  5. MikeyGeeMan

You must be new to the game. The nerf circle jerk has been going on since live.

Vs was lucky the lmgs got buffed. Every other change in the game was a nerf.
  6. zaspacer

Yes, SOE/DBG have a bad policy in place with changing items and not offering any level of return policy. This just creates a bad buying experience for buyers and a reluctance to purchase again.

They should offer a %-of-total-value (of what the buyer paid: so if they got it on sale, they don't get full price) refund for any changed items, with the refund available for at least a few days. They can offer the refund in Certs. They can choose to only give it to players who used SC to buy the item if they want. They can choose to only offer refunds to players who purchased the item less than 1 month before the change.

This would help create a culture of consumer purchasing with a positive experience, and lead to more purchases and happier purchasers.

1) for new Characters, it can be a brutal grind... with bad Loadouts/Weapons (especially on certain Classes/Vehicles)... to get the Certs to then be able to play. Buying for new Characters can open up the real game a lot faster, and without having to do the boring/painful grind on bad items.
    2) if you have lots of extra Characters (I have 6 total Characters), getting the NS item with SC unlocks it for all 6. So you just have to get it once with SC, whereas you'd have to pay for it 6 times with Certs. Also, grinding Certs on all 6 characters is much slower than just grinding Certs with 1 or a couple Characters.
    3) Members get a chunk of SC monthly as part of their rewards. They might as well use what is already in the account.
  7. Liewec123

to be fair though, it was ridiculously OP for over a year and a half before the nerf :p
    i used it on occasion on my TR, but it just felt so dirty whipping it out in public! ;)
    the current striker is my favourite AA launcher across all factions :D
    its not too shabby at vehicles (providing you have cover to fire from without getting shot in the face)
    it sucks for maxes.

i think the year of having a useless version was penance for the horrendous reign of terror!