[Suggestion] Speed Jets

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Comradical, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Comradical

I'm not sure what you'd call them, but it occurred to me that a slightly dangerous to use mobility enhancing jetpack could be a lot of fun and be useful for covering open terrain.

Essentially what I'm suggesting is a high speed horizontal hoverpack that lifts the LAS slightly off the ground and allows it to move swiftly across surfaces.

Each rank unlocked could make it more controllable, so at first rank it would just propel you forward at potentially fatal breakneck speed, at second rank you could steer, at third rank you could jet midair, at fourth rank you could move like an over fast magrider, and at any remaining ranks you'd be able to do it longer and recharge energy faster.

So the LAS would always move too fast for effective use in tight spaces or indoors, and could be sent hurdling into the air by slopes or killed by trees, but would be able to zip around outside giving people a hard time.
  2. Flukeman62

so like the rhino pack from fed faction guerrilla?
  3. Iridar51

Yeah, I also though about a way to make LA not completely useless on horizontal approach to enemy base through open area.
    Carbine isn't a threat to anyone at these distances.
  4. Ripshaft

If you watch the community developer meeting hosted by azure twilight that just happened this weekend, they explain the main reasoning on why icarus jumpjets were removed, and the long and short of it it was that infantry suddenly accelerating quickly causes issues, so your suggestion seems to run into the same problem.