[Suggestion] Specialized stuff for medic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Halkesh

The medic class bore me since in squad their only prupose is to work as a mobile respawn. But who can blame them ? The only thing the medic are good at is reviving.
    I think Combat medic should have more medical stuff to keep their allies alive and allow them to fight enemy, or more medical stuff in general. In other words, give medic more tools and ability so he can specialize on something else than reviving.
    Also, upgrade medic's quality of life by reducing their need to use the Regeneration implant as a medic and correct some flaws (useless healing grenade, low xp from heal-assistance).

XP for heal-assistance
    Heal-assistance is when you're healing someone and that guy get a kill. Currently, you get 5xp when it happens.
    IMO, heal-assistance should be split in 2 : passive heal-assistance that should stay at 5xp, and active heal-assistance that should be increased to 15-25 xp.
    List of active heal-assistance :
    -Medical applicator
    -Healing grenade
    List of passive heal-assistance :
    -Triage
    -NAD
    -SRD

Triage :
    When outside of a vehicle and not taking health damage for 10 sec, the medic will passively regenerate 10/15/20/25/30 health per sec. It does stack with bio lab bonus or regeneration implant. Allies within 5 meter do not get this regeneration as long the medic is outside of a vehicle.
    Get passive heal-assistance.

Healing grenade :
    -Now stick on the ground or people
    -base XP per tick is increased to 10 (from 5)
    -Works on shield when the health bar is full
    -Healing rate is unchanged (100 health per sec), shielding rate is 75 shield per sec
    -When the shield bar is full, add an overshield to up to 300hp, overshielding rate is 35 per sec.
    -Overshield don't deply over time, but is removed when interacting with a terminal or redeploying.
    -EMP disable the grenade, remove the shield and the overshield.
    -Nanite cost increased to 75 (from 25)

Tools :
    Now medic will be able to have some choices for the tool slot. Current tool (Medical applicator) will be specialized on revive. This doesn't mean other tools won't be able to revive, just they do it worst due to a shorten range or longer time to revive.
    Revive. The current one, nothing is changed. This tool have the faster revive rate.
    Combat. This tool have a 0 sec equip time and a -0.25 sec unequip time (standard unequip time is +0.25 sec), allowing you to switch weapon faster and equip most sidearm instantly.
    Attrition. This tool can target dead enemy and remove their corpse so they won't be able to be revived. Removing enemy corpse instantly grant 500 health, 500 shield and a few ammo to the medic. Removing infantry corpse take 4 sec, removing a MAX take 6 sec.
    Guardian. This tool can heal shield when target's health bar is full. Also, it allow you to keep allies alive longer while they are under fire due to its faster heal rate and resistance bonus it give to the target.* Resistance bonus don't works with heavy assault's Resistance Shield, Nanite Mesh Generator and Adrenaline Shield.

*It increase the TTk enough to prevent instant kill and allow your ally to take cover or kill the enemy before dying. It don't make your ally bullet-proof.

Ability :
    Currently, there are nearly no choice between ability. One is mobile and the other isn't but have no CD, done.
    My suggestion made strong difference on every ability so they a medic can chose to specialize in something.
    Summary : NRD is great in combat and keep its mobility. SRD is highly buffed to be more valuable when hard cover are available. A new beacon, Stronghold Device, will help allies to defend an area by increasing their resistance and reducing their chances of being instant-killed.

Nano-Regen Device. (Combat) When the health bar is full, it regenerate the shield at the same rate (currently at ~70 per sec)
    Shield Recharging Device. (Whack a mole tactics) Shield regeneration rate is increased to 250 per sec when not taking damage for 2 sec. Shield regeneration rate is unchanged while in combat (~50 per sec). When the shield bar is full, it increase health bar.
    Stronghold device. (Guardian) This beacon has the same radius as SRD but do not provide shield regeneration. Instead, allies non-MAX infantry in the area take 25% less damage from small weapon (headshot included) and get Shield Gate passive ability. Shield Gate works when the player's shield hit 0, it grant him a 80% damage reduction for 0.1 sec. Shield Gate passive is on cooldown until both the shield and health are full. [exemple : two C4 deal 2800 dmg. medic have 500shield/500health. C4 deal 500dmg then Shield Gate activated, reducing the damage by 80%. C4 deal the rest of its damage : 2300 x 0.2 = 460. Medic still have 40hp]

What do you think of these ideas ? They give decent choice for the medic ? Are they balanced ?
    If you have ideas that go in this direction (giving more ability/tool/etc to the medic), feel free to add them in this thread, as long as they're balanced.
    • Up x 1
  2. LordKrelas

Healing Grenade:
    Would the overshield be able to be constantly applied?
    Does it work on Maxes?
  3. Halkesh

Overshield has an infinite duration and last until it take damage or removed by EMP/terminal/redeploy. You can throw several grenade to continue to increase the overshield until it cap at 300. Multiple grenade doesn't increase the healing/shielding/overshielding regeneration rate.
    It don't work on MAX.

Overshield and sticky ability are the main reason why I've increased the grenade cost to 75 nanites : the push potential is insane.
  4. LordKrelas

75 isn't much, when you can 'shield up' at the warpgate, and drop down with a 300 overshield.
    Imagine it on infiltrators.

But it is a cool idea.
  5. Halkesh

That's the idea. ;) (speaking of galdrop)

What do you think of the other stuff ?
  6. LordKrelas

Triage is a useful thing, so a medic isn't having to use area-heal if they have it (let alone if using shield bubble), also means they can keep an implant slot free of Regen, when not in combat.
    So lets them be capable of recovery without wasting an implant, or heal energy (also means they don't need regen implant if using shield bubble), letting them focus on support, while not engaged.

Tool changes, means they aren't nearly screwed if using the tool, and forced to return fire.

Attrition sounds horrific in some respects, but would mean allied medics would be focused on removal of bodies before a Zombie Grenade lands.

Guardian, properly considers heavy resistance, to prevent it from being the Buffer-from-hell-stack

The New devices I like, adds tactical capabilities without being overkill.
    And easily competes with always having Area-heal, which is lovely.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

..i sure don´t mind more tools but the stuff above doesn´t realy sound all too special..
    the tool to remove a opponents corps and so forcing a respawn on a spawntube or base sounds neat i guess but doing that in the middle of combat and considering how fast you can go down getting a fool heal may be too tempting for that..

i rather miss something that goes more torwards combat for well the COMBATmedic..
    so how about a syphon grenade kind of the one you see in doom 2016..deals damage in a good area but less damage as a frag and you get a percantage of health depending on how much damage you dealt..
    or maybe have that as a mine for the utilityslot ...

something else i would want instead of the shieldgenerator or maybe as part of it how about a deployable painfield generator?
    so now any opponent that tries to get close to you takes damage as long as he is within the painfield
  8. LordKrelas

If that can go through a wall, or stacks up, you just gave medics the ability to deny any enemy from entering a doorway or cap-point.
    Let alone if it's enough damage, it'd make it easier than sin to slaughter opponents.
    If not enough, it'll be more of a joke than practical.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

that´s a lot of ifs ... of course it shouldn´t stack and of course it shouldn´t get past the wall like stealthgensundies (so stupid but eh)
    the damage simply needs to be found out were there is a good middle ground .. so if the standart full health is 500 shield 500 health then maybe something like 100 every 0.5 seconds should do depending on how large the field is and how fast a person can travers it? i think if a enemy traverses the painfield in a straight line not adsing he shouldn´t take more than 200 to max 300 dmg .. the painfield should ignore resistencevalues .. it should not kill by itself but if the opponent is either too weakened or too dumb, well tough .. the idea behind the painfield is that it basicaly says "get the f out that area" and yes if the opponent is within the painfield a player in it with a CQC would kill the opponent easier it could however even out the odds of a player that uses a mid to longrangeweapon that has less RPM then the attaking opponent ..
  10. Halkesh

I think you'd make a mistake : only the combat tool receive the switching weapon buff. Other tools stay with the current equip/unequip time.

For attrition, the main goal is indeed to remove corpse to prevent a revive grenade. I'd think about that ammo/health/shield reward so this tool could also be used if the medic want to lonewof. Removal corpse duration can be changed but I think it would make it OP if it's too quick (we don't like kangaroo with medkit, we won't like kangaroo with Attrition tool).

Attrition tool is more focused on the lonewolf and tactical part (give ammo and fast recover / remove corpse).
    On the first version of this tool, I'd think about a different reward for corpse removal : 150 overshield for infantry and 300 for MAXes. Attrition overshield follow the same rules as healing grenade's. That reward would make this tool more combat focused, but could arguably be better than HA's shield (because you don't have the move speed debuff).

For the COMBAT medic, the only loadout available will be Nano-Regen Device / Combat tool (faster to switch weapon) / healing grenade.
    That would make the medic somewhat tanky with the potential to lead the charge (with the grenade), but won't make it too resistant or strong to the point HA feel useless.
    But indeed, there isn't a lot of Combat things I'd put here, I mainly concentrated on support/tanky role, hoping for other people to bring their Combat idea. :p

About your Siphon grenade, for balanced reason I don't think it's a good idea to add AoE life steal in this game. But outside of that life steal, I like the idea of a DoT grenade : medic need a area denial tool.
    For the painfield, I really doubt a AoE spitfire turret would be useful. I think it's better to have the Siphon grenade without life steal than a immobile beacon with infinite duration : since it doesn't have an infinite duration, the effect can be stronger.

Edit :
    Basically it's a SRD that don't work past walls and deal its damage at the same rate the SRD regen shield ? I found that a pretty weak option when compared to other ability. IMO Bastion Device and Self-Heal are better option for combat than a DoT.
    Maybe add something to make it a bit stronger ? For example enemy glow and make sound as long as they are in the area so it can be used to avoid being flanked and detect enemy and cloacked infiltrator easier.