Special Items for Test-Server player

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by JOups, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Zaik

veteran wasn't for ps1 vets, it was for reaching some BR during beta, i think 20. i only know of planetside 1 because planetside 2 has a 2 on the end, and i have veteran decals/title.
  2. ROCKFIISH

It is the way of some people.
  3. Revanmug

Is there a reason why people need to be reward for every single little thingy they do? This is getting pretty ****** right now.

The reward for testing in PTR/PTS has always been that you gain the knowledge of what was coming. If you are not interest in testing things up and seeing how they work before they go lives, then simply don't play on the PTS. It's as simple as that.
    • Up x 1
  4. Lucidius134

Test server: The new Meta or the new Crown....????????
  5. St0mpy

I think itll encourage idling and zombies
  6. EvilNinjadude

Oh stop it you guys. I'd have tested here anyway no matter what. OP was talking about the long term, when people have tested all the new features... and leave to go back to their outfits or to their farming machines on the live servers.

I think something like this would be neat. Period. Not required. Not vital to keeping people on there for the most part. But neat. Like free presents. Those are always neat, but we never demand them from people.
  7. HadesR

No sure what you mean ... Test server is no " 3 week Feature " .. The test server will be there until the game closes .. Open to test content for year's to come ( hopefully :p ) . People will hopefully play on Test and Live at the same time because testing is an ongoing thing .. Not a " Spent a week here ..that's me done wheres my stuff ? "
  8. Snappy

"Give me" .... Kid of sad, as if testing and shaping the game u play is NOT enough.
  9. Laraso

By offering rewards for time played / certs gained / xp gained, you're drawing players who would otherwise not have any interest in testing to the test server. This will create a noticeable population drop in all servers as players flock to the test server in order to get the exclusive camos to use in the actual game. This defeats the purpose of a test server, and instead adds another grinding mechanism to distract players from the actual game. Adding rewards would hurt the community as a whole.

And if this were to even be implemented, station cash rewards are completely out of the picture. No, never ever do something as stupid as giving out free station cash to players as a reward for this kind of thing. That would be extremely moronic, and a sure sign that SOE has no idea what they are doing, and I hope that never becomes the case.
  10. Sumguy720

What if we let all the players on the test server see and try all the new content from the next game update before everybody else? That would be cool, right? They might have to deal with some bugs, of course, but I would like it if SOE implemented something like that.

I, for one, would love to try out the new lattice system and the new shotguns. Please, SOE, let us preview these before everyone else as a reward for testing!
    • Up x 1
  11. notyourbuddy

Conveniently schedule a "maintenance" on the live servers one morning, but leave the test server open. The PS2 addicts will have no choice but to cram into it if they want to keep playing.
  12. Rolfski

The best reward you can get now is that there is no better alternative for a VR room. Real targets and objectives to test your newly build classes, it doesn't get any better than that. And if a class build is not working for you, you can always create a new chracater.
  13. Regpuppy

It's the first day, what they're testing isn't exactly that interesting to the solo player, and the devs haven't announced it on the launcher. Give it time.

Would also help if we closed down irrelevant maps for this testing in the meantime. ie Amerish and Esamir until it's time to test their own map reworkings.
  14. Bankrotas

What the, first you ask for test server, now you ask for reward using it? What kind of ************* is this? Seriously, this isn't a job, if you want just to play a game, play it.
    What's with all these rewards for doing something? Is it american thing or something to be "rewarded" for everything?
    Furthermore, rewards like these will mostly or only attract people who aren't that interested in improving the game, but only wanting to get something for free.
  15. treeHamster

We've been trying to "shape" the game with the forums for almost 5 months now. Devs don't seem to listen all that much. We ask for less OHK weapons (specifically no PA's back in the road map), they throw out two PA's, and have NS high RoF grenade launchers for MAX's in the pipeline.

Within 3 days of the Prowler buff it was obvious that they WAY over stepped reason. Took 6 weeks before they fixed it. We asked for more XP and make killing vehicles more rewarding (considering the effort and risk), took almost 3 months to get that. We've been asking for more defensible bases and to stop spreading stuff out with no cover from vehicles (all the way back into beta), that's still not here.

Don't say the Test server is there to "shape" the game because I have serious doubts that the PTS will be anything more than to test for performance issues and not to test out balance and "fun factor". Given their history, it's more likely the Devs will just do as they please and no listen to the player base.