Speak Up if You Love the New Nanite Resource!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViperMkII, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Inex

Well, air anyway. The second AV arm for the MAX is cheap, and the default HA launcher works well enough to at least keep tanks at bay.

AA launchers are absolute trash though. The only good infantry AA is the second Burster arm, and that's kind of expensive for new players. At least the new resource system lets the Vets pull Bursters reliably though.
  2. Thardus

What I understand (and hope) is that resources will usually not be this good, but some dedicated logistics work can get you the current level of freedom we have right now, but the enemy can also act to cut you off to the point where you can't pull more than two pointy sticks and a rock if they effectively mess up your supply lines.

Also, more players in one area will mean less resources per person.
  3. andy_m

Sorry to go off topic but I have to disagree with this. We were all new players once, and knowing about what we could get gave us something to work for. Or, if we just couldn't wait to earn the Certs, we could just use SC.

By all means, offer them up as deals in depot, but NEVER give them away for free unless there is a specific promotion going on...
  4. Inex

Which is fine, but it doesn't solve the problem that players are completely useless in AA roles until they're at 3-5,000 lifetime certs. They could buy the Burster arm earlier, but probably won't. That's a long time to wait before seeing aircraft isn't a pants-filling event.
  5. andy_m

So what? Do what everyone else has done... Put in some play time or use real hard cash if you think you need to get to grips with MAX AA work earlier.
  6. Springjack

I like the new system.

Although part of me feels like they abandoned their original resources revamp, and the flat 50/minute idea was given a shot.
    Yes I do think there is vehicle spam now, but that also makes it exciting. Especially with air vehicles, I'm very novice but have been enjoying the janky skywhale- and the subsequent certed loadouts. Now I feel like the only thing really holding me back is my lack of a gaming mouse (and a non-budget built computer ^.^).
  7. Jeroam

god u sound so pretentious. Its not hard for beginners to keep their tanks alive btw. All u have to do is kite from long range and retreat easily most of the time......

The devs are guaranteed going to nerf the resource system so its less spammable... trust me. I remember somewhere they mentioned how facilities etc can run out of nanites (limited regenerated supply) if a big zerg army pulls tanks, but smaller opposing zerg armies will have enough nanites to supply everyone with tanks etc

Read the roadmap about resource revamp again....u noob
  8. iccle

It takes 4 minutes to replenish the resources to purchase a sunderer and 2 minutes to replenish the resources to destroy one. 4x200=800 resources you only get 750 max so you may have pulled 4 consecutively but there must have been some time in between.

Plain fact is before this update i could pull a MBT every 5 minutes because i had fully certed out my cooldown timer and never had issues gaining resources. Now i can pull 1, then i need 3 minutes before i can afford the next, and 9 minutes after that. Also i can no longer swap between MBT/MAX/Lib at will and have to make some choices about which style i want to play, in short it is already a considerable improvement to the previous system.
  9. RobotNinja

The difference being coordinated gal crashes and this is just a massive dogpile of utterly random players from random outfits.

Well, unless you're terrible then yeah you still can. In fact, I don't run out of C4 and mines anymore whereas I used to burn through them.

Well, given my experience with the new system you would have to be pretty terrible to pull a vehicle and not have full or near full nanites by the time you bite it.
  10. NC_agent00kevin

So let me get this straight.

1. There were never random Gal crashes before the update.

2. Im terrible. Terrible because I can easily burn 350 resources a minute on consumables but only generate 75 per minute. Because guess what? Thats the math and the math doesnt lie like forumsiders do.

3. I agree, and it was no different before. In fact, it IS different. It was worse before. Before, you could spawn 2 tanks in a row, two or three ESFs in a row, as well as spam consumables because you could stockpile 40 of everything. You simply cannot do that with the new system.

I dont think this is the right thread for you. See, this is a thread where the people who like the new system speak up. There are already several whine threads for those who dislike it.

The pros far outweigh the cons (the real cons, not COD humping Infantryside player 'downsides')

Players can now specialize in what they like to do. I like Lightnings and not air. So now I can drive Lightnings to my hearts content and not sit with 750 air resources untouched for days, until I finally pull a Lib just to give to someone who needs one. If I did want to pull air, I can - and could with the old system. With the old system, I could spam all three types resources constantly and had a huge advantage over new players. I dont have that advantage any more. No more extremely expensive cert lines for vehicle timers. Im on the same footing with my BR 100 NC as I am with my BR 7 TR.
  11. RobotNinja

Your most recent killboard is you driving around in a Lightning for 20+ minutes. I get that vehiclechavs everywhere are pissing their pants with joy about the new resource update, hell I like a bit of vehiclechavvery myself. But claiming that this isn't imbalancing is more than a little see through.

In fact, if it wasn't imbalancing the game then why do we even need Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the resource update, including the ANT system?

And seeing as the devs have said that Phase 2 and 3 are part of the resource system, then it stands to reason without them being implemented the current system is broken and imbalanced.
  12. Inex

We don't need those. They might be nice, but if they never happen only the Indarside zerg will cry.
  13. Alan Kalane

I Hate The current resource revamp because I was counting for something that would actually limit the force multiplier spam.
    I Hate the fact that I could literally constantly acquire a lightning even though I died quite often
    I Hate the fact that infantry is almost extinct now because everybody can pull vehicles

I Hope phase 2 will do the job...
  14. Ash87

We need part 2, this part 1 is okay, it does what it needs to do, but part 2 and the power mechanics are 100 times more important than all this nonsense.

Edit: To be perfectly honest, being supporting of the current system is like finding a deposit of iron in a hillside somewhere, and saying that this car is your favorite car. It's too incomplete to mean anything, too bare bones to be representative of the final product, and people on both sides need to reign in the insanity. It's not going away, it's not going to become the old system, it's going to be Phase 2 and Phase 3'ed into something entirely different.
    • Up x 1
  15. Oberlion

i love me and woman o_O
  16. Muirgheal

I hate the new system.

Before I had 2250 resources and I used them all!
    I constantly switched from esf to tank back to lib then harasser etc.
    A vehicle is used to get me into the thick of the action (not to hang back
    hoping to pick off a lone sniper with a battle tank!). I'm sure the new system
    Is great for those who like to live in vehicles, but if you are an infantryman who
    understood how to use all resources, then this is a huge resource nerf.
    The very act of me spawning costs me 5 tank mines (or 4 c4) and a grenade.
    Then if I pull a vehicle I'm done with resources. Before I had 3 times as many resources
    plus banking consumables. That is now gone.

I appreciate there are different play styles. I find sitting around in a vehicle boring.
    I would prefer to eject from my plane speeding at 300 over a hovering lib or gal and
    land on them and c4 them in the air. That is what makes this game AWESOME!
    It will get your heart a pumpin!
  17. Inex

/pour out a 40 for those poor, infantryless Biolabs.
    • Up x 1
  18. Liquidrider

I certainly like it a lot. I know there has been complaints about tanks, but as far as air goes, it actually feels like it is being played the way it is supposed to be.

My only issue is the revamp so far is the resupply of C4, Mines, Grenades....etc. The auto-resupply just doesn't feel right.
  19. Alan Kalane

You are either a troll or you don't know what you're talking about.
    Biolabs are those rare places where tanks have nothing to say ( except for sundy killing ).
    It's not an argument. 98% of facilities are overrun with tanks with next to no infantry.
  20. Rift23

Freedom is horribly imbalanced, nerf please.