Speak Up if You Love the New Nanite Resource!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViperMkII, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ThePropain

I like the new system for reasons already mentioned here. I'm just hoping that Phase 2 is not too far out.
    While the system we have now does give a lot more freedom, it totally kills the metagame and strategic depth.

I did ask Malorn during his WIP stream last week, and he said he "wasn't sure". I kind of bit my tongue... that's not a totally good sign.
    • Up x 5
  2. Wafflepancake

That, or the fact that he doesn't have authority to publicly announce game updates.
    Don't give up hope! Till I see you in my crosshairs ;)
  3. Boildown

I love making a mockery of the new resource system by spamming out four consecutive sunderers and ramming them into an enemy zerg trying to run over people, or drive onto an enemy lightning, and if it survives, C4 it. It usually works the first attempt, the next attempts I'm just doing it to show that I can chain pull them, to piss people off, to make them realize how bad the new resource system really is. And when its all over I laugh when my resources are back to full again in a few minutes, without any membership or boosts.
    • Up x 1
  4. ViperMkII

Vid or it doesn't happen! :p
  5. Talc

Positive - it has made battles more intense

Negative - attrition is no longer part of the game (meaning a big part of future meta hangs in the balance.)
    • Up x 2
  6. RobotNinja

Actually, I've already seen this new phenomenon occurring on Connery today with regularity.
  7. NinjaTurtle

I love the potential

It is however imo one of the things that seems broken with only half of it implemented. The cost and nanite tick rate may make sense and be perfectly balanced when phase 2 hits but as is it seems out of whack
    • Up x 1
  8. HLM

As someone who almost exclusively plays as an ESF, I enjoy no longer having to spend the majority of my time AFK on a resource-starved continent any more.
    Not too impressed with the recent increase in resource cost, but it's still better than what we had before. At least for me.
    • Up x 4
  9. Ronin Oni

This is huge to reduce the skill gap barrier on vehicles.

Before, a skilled player with lots of certs has a fully certed tank. He loses that and pulls a fully certed Scythe or Lib. Lose that and go MAX. He has the time and experience with all of them to remain effective, and killing him isn't a big deal since he probably outlived his shortened cooldown and if not can just change gears and still be effective in another role.

Compared to a new player, who can barely afford to work on a class let alone add a vehicle to it, let alone 3 vehicles, all of which they're inexperienced in and prone to die faster than resource or timers allow. They'll still run dry with the new system. It just won't be so long to completely deter trying to specialize in one, and by specializing in a single type, gives you more time with that type than you'd have with any other system.

The power system will definitely add more to the whole thing. And zergs of bad players will find themselves in a bind without power and having to rearm and redeploy from WG or back a full base or more to keep up the fight (or, you know, do a power run :eek: )

When the power system hits. ALL fly-boys... NEVER pull from front line base. I swear I'll kill you myself :p (Disclaimer: no not really) You have the speed, you can travel.
    • Up x 3
  10. Inex

The new resource system is such a step up from the old one that I'm honestly not too worried if they never manage to implement phase 2.
    • Up x 1
  11. Elrobochanco

It's better than before at least.

The real whining will come when the finally let you cut off resources and people have to *gasp... fight for them.
    • Up x 2
  12. Ronin Oni

Yeah, there's going to be a SWARM of pubbies who cry because they get cut off, don't get resupplied, get sieged and starved out, etc.

They won't even be out of Nanites... They'll be out of power :eek:
    • Up x 2
  13. RobotNinja

You're not too impressed with the new resource system costs? And you say it's only "better than what we had before." Unless, you die every two minutes you can pull infinite ESFs. That's not good enough for you? I mean, I've heard of airchaving but jesus, you're saying you wouldn't be happy unless there was no cost/resource/time barrier at all.
  14. NC_agent00kevin

Cool.

I have a video of a gal crash twice that size from a year and a half ago. You know, long before the resource revamp.

I love the new system. I can drive my Lightnings and not be forced to go die in an aircraft a couple times if I dont feel like playing Infantry at that particular moment.

I can no longer utterly spam consumables then immediately afterward go pull a tank. Oddly enough I think its a fair and balanced change despite the fact that I got a LOT of kills and Certs with consumables.

Ive seen some of the best and most sustained battles ever now - Im sure the server merge helped though.
    • Up x 1
  15. HLM

That would be nice, but no.

I'm just saying I felt that increasing the cost from 350 to 450 was an unnecessary change. Especially for those who like to use different vehicles. This is the one advantage the old system had. If you were completely out of air resource for example with Indar only giving you +15 every 5 minutes or something stupid, at least you could have fun in your tank instead. With the new update though, that sort of behaviour would eat up all your nanites pretty quickly.
  16. Neo3602

I think that the resource system is pretty nice, because of it I think that I might go through the process of learning to fly.
    Quick question does anyone know what Phase 2 and 3 of the resource revamp will be?
  17. Thardus

I love being able to pull Scythes and actually get some practice in. A also just love the target rich environment, I feel like it's made the game that much more aggressive and active.
    • Up x 2
  18. andy_m

One a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 = Hate and 10 = Love, I'm about a 6.

Phase 2 worries me a bit but only because I've just got into using my MAX suit and I've pumped over 10K Certs into it. Phase 1 has allowed me to be "flexible" with my MAX usage, either pulling one straight away if I some how get killed within a few minutes, or switch to another class for a moment, to carry out a particularly urgen task, and then don my MAX suit again.

By the sounds of it Phase 2 will curtail that kind of use (abuse?) and I've have to revert back to my normal duties more often.

But, whatever... I just roll with it... Go with the flow...
  19. Ronin Oni

That is also the idea. Though you can still switch from one to another honestly. Just not immediately without draining your Nanite reserve... if you had one, if not then you're on a 7 to 9 minute wait.

And that's not even that long. Timers used to be 20 minutes. More for a Galaxy IIRC
  20. Xocolatl

More reason to pull a MAX.

To me, what needs to be changed is that standard equipments (Flak Bursters, etc) really need to be a LOT cheaper, or just given free to all players. The problem with new players is that they do not have access to proper equipments to deal with the situations. No AA launchers, etc. That means that when they are faced with air/armor, all they can do is sit back and hope some veterans can take care of them. That is a no-no.

Otherwise, I love the change.
    • Up x 1