Speak Up if You Love the New Nanite Resource!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViperMkII, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ViperMkII

To the devs, I just want to say that as a veteran player I love the new resource system. I've seen a lot of griping that it's too easy to spam vehicles now and I say nonsense! The tiny but good outfit that I'm with spends a lot of time in tank hunting Vanguards and I can honestly say that I haven't noticed any real increase in armor.

However, up above is a different story. Finally for the first time since I joined back in May, 2013, the air war is no longer dominated by a tiny group of elitist. Before, a casual pilot would pull an aircraft and lose it within minutes, grounded for so long that they give up on flying. Now people have a chance to get some real hours in the air and learn how to handle themselves. I literally spent most of Sunday in a Reaver, something that was never before possible for me.

Are vehicles going to be spammed? Not really. Beginners will always be easy to kill and veterans like myself keep our armor alive for so long that resources were never really an issue to begin with.

To sum it all up, I like that you guys are moving in the right direction of letting people play they want and be what they want in-game. To everyone else who agree, don't let the gripers dominate the issue; speak up and let the devs know that you love the new resource system.
    • Up x 37
  2. Ronin Oni

I'm enjoying it.

It's far from complete, and base power restrictions will go far in restricting vehicle spam from zergs, but IMO it's much better than before.
    • Up x 18
  3. Degenatron

Signed.
    • Up x 8
  4. Asageh

[IMG]

yes, yes I do.
    • Up x 6
  5. TerminalT6

I find it to be quite nice.
    • Up x 6
  6. Tyrant103

I like it.
    • Up x 6
  7. Llamar

Well it's made capturing bases obsolete so in that sense no I don't like it, but I also don't care about that and only care about derping in a vehicle, so I also do like it.
    • Up x 2
  8. RobotNinja

Vehicle spam? Oh...no, no...no...of course not. I haven't noticed any either. *cough*

Meanwhile in Planetside 2:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. DJPenguin

Dunno about "love" but it's certainly a step up from what we had previously.
    • Up x 5
  10. Transitionals

I LOVE it :p
    • Up x 5
  11. Leon85

I'm very happy with it.
    • Up x 6
  12. PurpleBeefer

love it, never had a complaint so far.
    • Up x 5
  13. Pikachu

I dont see any more than before.

I like the new low price for flash.
    • Up x 8
  14. ViperMkII

That looks like a typical pre-nanites AOD air zerg; typically lasting about 1.67 minutes. :D
    • Up x 5
  15. ViperMkII

Base capping is not obsolete! Seriously, what else are you going to do in the game? There does need to be some kind of reward in the future though.

PS2 is ultimately a FPS multiplayer game. The bases are like the different maps in any other team death match game; win the match and move on to the next map.
  16. ZephyrBurst

It's much better than what we had before. When the base power system comes in, it'll be much better.
    • Up x 8
  17. Rhadiem

I was loathing it from the complaint I heard from others but the reality is at this point I'm enjoying it. I like not having to worry about timers, and a common pool that lets me throw them all at a single vehicle if I want to. It makes specializing as a vehicle pilot more enjoyable at lower levels.
    • Up x 3
  18. Wafflepancake

Meanwhile, back in 2013
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Not much has changed, save for the fact I don't have to wait around to derp how I feel like!
    I like the change currently, but be nice to have real objectives again.
    • Up x 9
  19. Jaedrik

Yes, hello. I love the Resource Revamp and am here to speak up; ahem. We need Resource Revamp phase 2/3 ASAP.
    • Up x 2
  20. ViperMkII

My thoughts exactly, it is giving new players the opportunity to get consistent hours of experience with the different vehicles. Personally, I've always been good at armor but now I'm finally getting to step up my game in the air war and it has been fun so far.
    • Up x 2