Spawning points can be annoying

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Nov 17, 2017.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I know players love a good fight or battle. What get’s me pissed is when I end up spawning when I die out in to another base or to some random tube from a constructed base or to a Sunderer I didn’t want to go to.

I hate being taken out of a fight when I am just enjoying it.

Like in the old Planetside can we elect to spawn at a default base of our choice, known as a binding point? I know most casual players would love to be able to stay in the firefight.
  2. iPervy

Hm.. Kind of odd as I haven't had this issue myself, though I always choose my spawn manually from the map screen given its not a biolab.
  3. MonnyMoony

Yep - I get this all the time.

In the middle of a great fight - get killed, click to respawn - find myself spawned at some random base on the other side of the map miles away from the fight.

My other annoyance is clicking a spawn point and watching the respawn timer tick down - only for the spawn point to disappear as soon as the timer hits zero.
    • Up x 1
  4. Halkesh

I'd fix the issue by double-clicking on the map instead of double-click on the menu.
    I never use the quick-spawn option so I can't tell if there are bug, but you're supposed to spawn on your last location (seriously don't use this, take a 10 sec break to look at the map is important) : unless the SCU go down or your sunderer was destroy, you should be able to still spawn on it.

Explanation of why your spawn point disappear :
    TL;DR : one of your ally was faster than you and took the last place.
    For the spawn point disappearing, it's because it follow the game spawn logic.
    Game spawn logic allow you to :
    • Spawn on the base you're defending, bonded spawn tube from PMB, warpgate
    • Spawn on the closest main base on the lattice (bio lab, amp station, or tech plant), if the closest main base is cut from the lattice, then it take the second closest.
    • Spawn to the next base on the lattice, unless said territory is cut from the warpgate
    • Use nearby squad beacon or sunderer

Every other spawn are optional and might disappear at every instant.
    Typical example is the "reinforcement needed" spawn :
    • You can spawn on it even if you're far away from them
    • If the base is on timer to being captured, and enemy outnumber the ally forces (which must be at least 1), then the base call for reinforcement.
    • Once there is as much ally as enemy, then the base stop calling for reinforcement.
    • Up x 2
  5. Kristan

That's why whenever I die I always press "M" first and pick spawn point manually.
    • Up x 4
  6. Oleker2

ALL THE TIME MAN... All the effing time. Its like the game tracks your clicks and put a new base exactly where you are clicking, to force you to another fight far away from the platoon you are on.
  7. Eternaloptimist

I always choose the "change spawn" button and select the base I want to go to - I never get sent anywhere random. IIRC available bases to spawn at can come and go according to the balance of forces there - if your faction has over 50% you cannot usually spawn there. You have to wait until a few of your faction have died and get in quickly before they respawn themselves
    • Up x 1