[BUG] Spawn system hotfix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Jan 30, 2022.

1. JustGotSuspended

Can we please get a quick patch to fix this? The only viable spawn option is the bugged beacons atm.

I don't get how this went live. There's nothing more soul-crushing than waiting an eternity to respawn, especially in a game like this, where you can literally die instantly as you spawn.

This rework to supposedly deter zerging only favors it even more! Now players who stay back to try and hold off a zerg need to wait 14s or more after dying, while the people they killed are likely revived instantly. The people zerging get access to beacons, where they can spawn in faster than people who aren't zerging, or are simply trying to defend a base (most of the new ones which favor zerging anyways).

Can someone explain why an armored vehicle you cert, costs nanites, has a no deploy zone and takes time to place and destroy is less reliable as a spawnpoint than a 200 cert beacon that dies in like 3 bullets? Is that really what we want to rely on to create fights? Yeah, well as demonstrated it only further encourages zerging.

The fact now you're punished so harshly for dying also encourages players to play even more conservative, or just tag along with a zerg. Granted, most the bases on Oshur don't even have hardspawns so it's rare to even have a fight where you'll die, but this is a change impacting all continents unfortunately.

I don't get why this hasn't been patched yet. It's killing the game.

Beacons, routers: 5s spawn time.

Sunderers, bases, lodestars, elysium spawn tubes: 3s spawn time.

There shouldn't ever be a time where players need to wait more than 5s to respawn, not in this game.
    • Up x 1
  2. Eberron101

I can ice multiple beacons with one EMP grenade. Yesterday I got four beacons with one. Since the attackers had no sundy, the attack then fizzled.
    • Up x 1