[Vehicle] Spawn straight to vehicle on death

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JobiWan, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Savadrin

Unfortunately, as happened with EQ in the MMORPG world, a lot of the old fun/ragey mechanics were removed in favor of fluid gameplay and ease-of-use. I remember having to literally cross a continent ON FOOT, slowly, because there were no options to respawn and only two classes could even teleport to a nearby area. Cross the ocean? Gotta wait for the actual boat to make its circuit and pick you back up. It was always a race to the docks if the boat was there already, and like a 20 minute wait if you missed it. Better hope you load zones fast, because if you take too long you're dropped in the middle of the ocean. If you drown, your body and all of your gear is probably gone, barring a miraculous corpse summon. Like, permanently gone, run around naked until you rebuild your inventory and have weapons/armor again. So what you did was tread water until the boat came back and hope that when you swam in front of it, it would scoop you up and then all you had to do was start the trip over, lol.

No druid or wizard around to teleport you to WK from Freeport, or they don't have the spell yet? Oh well, get to stepping bud. Watch out for the werewolves at night.

But back then it was a smaller and more dedicated player base. Gaming is different today, and so are the mechanics.
  2. SoljVS

This is boss sauce
  3. stalkish

Im all for ease of access, we need a large playerbase afterall, i just wish developers would make games for gamers, not just the instant gratification croud.
    The success of such games has pushed the industry to make cheap carbon copied games, particularly in the FPS genre, which COD are we on now, #400? Battlefield has run out of numbers and started again it seems.
    Im not even talking about ridiculous complexity, just something more than feeling like a zombie whilst playing.

Its a difficult thing to brainstorm tho, i understand when people say theyd rather not think when playing, they think at work. Or that their game isnt a second job. But some people do enjoy thought in their games, I grew up playing relatively complicated board games like Risk with my parents Aunts and Uncles so perhaps thats why i enjoy a challenge over games that flash 'you win' in some way on the screen 1000 times a minute.
    I also think the recent success of the Star Citizen kickstarter shows that there is a large audience of gamers after more than just simple run and gun mechanics, albeit a different genre but still.
    Rambling again.....my apologies :D
    • Up x 1