[Suggestion] SPAWN RESOURCES

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by furballhero, Jan 28, 2013.

1. furballhero

Bases:
    Heres how it works, a base that has a working SCU has infinite spawn energy, but when the SCU goes down each consecutive spawn uses up energy (Or replace with other fitting name , perhaps re materialization matter) With no SCU the base might have enough spawn energy for ~50, 100, 200 more spawns (To be decided and balanced ofcourse) and then once the respawn energy is gone, no more spawns until the SCU comes back online.

Vehicles:
    AMS: An attachment for it to be able to carry / deliver spawn energy much like the old AMP vehicle in PS1.

AMS: Now AMS's also have spawn resources. In my opinion, AMS's shouldnt have infinite spawn capability. AMS's should have enough spawn juice for a finite amount of spawn, (Guessing maybe 100-200 spawns) After the spawn energy is depleted they would require a recharge at a re-arm station or by an AMS that has been outfitted to deliver spawn energy.

Galaxy: You could also implement this to the Galaxy, as to not make it OP I recommend giving it only a very limited spawn capability, maybe enough juice for 25 or 50 respawns, turning the galaxy into a viable mobile light assault platform capable of actually sunstaining the assault for a limited time. Perhaps require it to deploy, like it was in the early Beta.

New Features:
    Make the AMS Spawn lockable to Squad / Platoon / Outfit / Public spawning, as well as increase the XP recieved for every spawn,
    and/or
    Make it FREE for your squad to spawn on the squad owned AMS, but make any non squad members cost spawn energy.
  2. furballhero

3. Steve L. Duelist

4. furballhero

Indeed, with the SCU Spawn Resource though, you could add an SCU to every single spawnable location. Afterall, it would make sense that each spawn location would have an SCU.
  5. PaladinZERO

This is coming, in PS1 the bases had energy levels, and if you spawned a lot it would go down fast. So a base under heavy attack would need an ANT run to resupply to keep spawning. ANTs took energy from the warpgate, and discharged it into the base to recharge. If you had a base surrounded, it would run out of juice and you could take it over. This added another tactic to the game.
    • Up x 1
  6. furballhero

Indeed,
    I hope they bring something like this to PS2

My mistake I called it an AMP in my original post, I meant ANT
  7. r3su

I would really love to see the return of NTUs and ANTs. It would provide something for smaller outfits to do (ANT runs) and even some spec-ops options. If we could drain the NTU (or whatever it would be in PS2) and neutralize a base to backhack it would add a whole new dynamic to taking territory. Tying it to vehicle spawns as well as player spawns might also tone down the spam a bit.
  8. FateJH

To take over bases as they currently stand, elaborate systems like this aren't necessary.

We're talking about tactics that were good for bases that were capable of being defended as a first priority and, a challenge to capture even when prepared. When battles could be fought over long periods of time, unending or lacking a proper advantage for any side involved. Back in "that other game." BioLabs aren't half as complicated.
  9. Steve L. Duelist

Cool to know, and i would like to this in PS2, also perhaps allow the energy to be taken from any friendly base, not just warpgate, but would drain supplying base's energy. Giving the choice, close and quick route, that weakens your flanks and inner bases, or a long rouge from the warpgate's endless pool.

I am thinking, xp can be given based on enemy active, encouraging the ANTs (it's own model or a sundae mod) to head for bigger fights were the energy is needed more, upping the risk and reward.
  10. PaladinZERO

Well, they have to add 7 more conts, sancs, and the strategic overlay. This will be a LONG time in coming.
  11. furballhero

I hope its not so long that most of the playerbase move on
  12. Steve L. Duelist

While I see more continents as a good thing, I don't think these are necessarily need for the spawn energy to work.

But we would have to define how the energy would regenerate naturally, what the maximum capacity would be, how much is avaible once the base is caped, and in what way these can the changed.

So far I have these ideas to be potential factors:
    • Influence (giving more strategic weight to surrounding heavy defended base, currently it just means quicker capture once the you get the control points, does not help if you can't get to them)
    • Base type and size (the bigger and more important, the better)
    • Distance from friendly warp-gate (should give some sense of home ground, and with the limited number of maps and map population caps, I am a bit fearful that once a map is caped the other two maps could fill up, meaning player logging in at this time won't be able to play)
    • If there is a chain to territories leading to that warp-gate (again encourages encirclement and more broad fighting across the map, rather that charging after high xp value base)
    • map population?
    but I have not figured how these factors will effect the regen and capacity yet. Feedback would be nice

Perhaps it could also expand the infiltrator's role in the game, equipping them with viruses to upload loader to stop normal regeneration, reduce max capacity , or force the spawns to use up some of their energy (any of these would be expensive item (400 or more infantry resource) that are consumed when used).
  13. furballhero

Steve, liked you post

Some additional thoughts, let me know what you think.

Power generating locations:
    -Home Warp Gate
    -AMP Stations

LINKED:
    Any territory linked to an AMP station or WG would suffer no spawn penalty, or energy related penalty of any kind, there will be no spawn resource deducted when anyones spawns at any location linked to an AMP station or WG. When a facility who has been completely depleted of energy re-connects to an AMP station or WG, I would like to see the bases energy reserve slowly fill to maximum, perhaps over the span of 30 minutes or more.

NO LINKED:
    Any territory NOT linked to your home WG or AMP station would start to deplete its on site reserve energy to power its spawn tubes and even perhaps the base defenses and terminals.

Influence: In the way of resources, I would be of the mindset that so long as the base is linked to an AMP or WG, it does not have to worry about energy.

Virus: I really like the idea of a virus, perhaps deplete the bases energy by 20%, or increase the enemys spawn timer by 10 seconds or something. I dig it.
    • Base type and size: I agree that type and size should be a factor, perhaps in the size of its reserve energy tanks.

• On your last point, it would be a viable tactic to rush an AMP station, once captured, any territory lost between the AMP and WG would not matter as now the AMP would provide power to any territory linked with it.
    • I don't believe ALL main bases should provide energy however, because this energy tactic would be most useful in capturing some of the larger more defensible bases. It would also make the surrounding territory extremely vital for the defenders to hold in order to keep the vital energy chain, and for the attackers to cutt off the energy supply.

Thanks for your post Steve, I found your post to be well thought out and it gave me these ideas as well.
  14. Steve L. Duelist

I defiantly like add AMP station as another factor, heat reduction seems boring compared to health regen, MBT spawning and gal station. And increasing spawn time virus, love it.

As for the link, non link I am no to sure. It would seem to favor a compete encirclement, which can difficult and rare. I think it could have a big impact on center of the map (tech plant on esimir and crown on indar), also it could encourage big territory grabs by spearhead attacks through middle and out area of the map. But i fear it would discourage the use of the AMS type of vehicles and find the cut off can be easy overcome, making effectiveness of running a cut-off operation questionable.

[IMG]

My thoughts are try to encourage both attrition and strategic fighting.
    • Influence (the more friendly bases are adjacent around the more rapid the natural recovery)
    • base type and size (definitively, agree should be the normal capacity)
    • Distance to friendly warp-gate (the close to the friendly warp gate adds extra capacity 0-20% extra)
    • Link up (while I agree should a major factor, my idea was use it as a multiplier x2-x4 (could have it scale based on sever pop and times of the day) to the regen)
    • AMP station (again including it is great idea, but I feel giving it a large auxiliary tank and harvester is a better way to go, not directly link the the spawn generator, but can be use to refill spawn vehicles and AMS without compromising the base)
    Also we have not covered how captures, effect the energy pools, so far I got:
    • no energy
    • energy left by the defending forces
    • flat starting based on type of base
    • flat base same for all bases
    TBH i am favoring energy left behind.
    • Up x 1
  15. furballhero

I agree with pretty much everything you said
    I also agree that base energy would remain at the same level when captured by an attacker.

So, now all we gatta do is hope a Dev sees this and thinks its a good enough idea to consider! :)
  16. Steve L. Duelist

yea let's hope so
  17. Stordito

let's just call it NTU and lets get over it :D
    • Up x 1
  18. furballhero

lets call it AMAZING! :)
  19. UberBonisseur

Meh.

While the "power gen" could work on paper, the situation is very different from PS1, where usually only 1 or 2 bases were under attack. Small bases in PS2 are there, numerous, yet there is no purpose to attack them.

Which ends up in bloated facility fights.
    PS2 needs that strategic incentive to conquer small bases. They must matter.

Influence war could be the best remedy, or at least the most simple.
    Would not take much effort to put it in the game. I both adressed Spawn/SCUs and how capture mechanics work. Brb making a thread