[Suggestion] Spawn heros

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptCran, Mar 22, 2017.

1. CaptCran

If you are in the spawn room or within five(5) meters of the spawn room and kill someone it should not count towards points or kills.
    • Up x 4
  2. LordKrelas

So if you are spawn camped you get less than nothing?
    As generally those camping those spawns, aren't within 5 meters.
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

..... You get to fight your way out of the spawn room...... How is that less than nothing?
    • Up x 1
  4. LordKrelas

I mean when the room is spawn camped...
    Like you know.. actually camped.

Not the whole dolt who sits in it shooting at the point room from the damnable spawn the entire time.
    I mean being trapped inside; And until you are well away from said spot, you gain nothing for even killing the campers.

But I admit: It's incredibly tempting, since I don't particularly find either situation profitable in the first place.
    IE either screwed, or being useless in actually re-capping \ defending the base but reaping a reward.
    Just providing the Devil's Advocate.
  5. adamts01

If there's zero hope of fighting out of it then find somewhere else to be useful. If you're only in it for the certs or stats then I couldn't care less about your argument.
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

There is the sanity I wish I saw more often in-game!

As there isn't much beyond a utter bull "maybe" for staying in the damn spawn, as an argument.
    What did you think I meant by providing devil's advocate?

That was a clarification of term, not an argument, is basically what I say above in relation to what you quote. ^
  7. Demigan

Terrible idea.
    It's never, ever, been a problem with the Spawn Heroes. The problem has always been the Spawn Campers and the Spawnbunker design.

If you Spawncamp, you use the Spawnbunker as a chokepoint against the defenders, making it nigh impossible to break out. How impossible? It's easier to break into a Biolab than out of a camped Spawnroom.
    Also it's not that there isn't a willingness to break out. For example the old towerspawnrooms didn't give the defenders any way to spot and shoot the attackers before they got out, and the defenders would rush out into the famous Tower murder-hallway, where you got shot from 3 sides the instant you got out, which was still better than using the balcony where every enemy vehicle and some infantry were camping you, or the top floor where you would be shot at from 4 directions and have a jumping-COF from the gravlift.

If you want to combat Spawn Heroes, Prevent the ******* Spawncampers from doing Spawncamping. Don't blame the Spawnheroes. The only reason the Spawnheroes exist is because the Spawncampers exist in the first place. If you change how people can exit a Spawnroom without instantly running into a chokepoint in favor of the attackers the Spawnroom Heroes will dissappear overnight. The Spawncampers won't though.
    • Up x 5
  8. Eternaloptimist

Somebody else who wants to dictate to other players how they should play the game - haven't seen one of those for a while :rolleyes:
  9. WatchingU

Sounds like this is for people that just chill in the spawn and don't put any effort into pushing out to save the base. Stat pad ******..... What's that one load screen say, "No battle was ever won in a spawn room". I think it's a great idea. Just go back a base pull a sundy up and counter. Instead of being a spawn room zero.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ziggurat8

Stop sticking your head where a spawn room hero can shoot it.

Pretty simple.

If you don't have LOS on a spawn shield the guy camping inside doesn't have LOS on you. Be smarter than the spawn room. I know you can do it!
    • Up x 1
  11. Ziggurat8

It works both ways then. If you kill someone within 5m of their spawn room it doesnt count either. Sound good?
    • Up x 1
  12. CaptCran

Good advice but that's not the point here. It's to try and make it pointless to sit in the spawn and get kills.

how bout 10m?
  13. Demigan

And **** you too!
    Spawn heroes only exist because of spawncampers. The way to combat spawn heroes is to remove the ability to spawncamp, you don't go punishing the defenders more, that only sends a message that you shouldn't defend at all, people will leave any defense scenario altogether and go somewhere else, this makes it impossible to get a large enough playerbase to fight Zergs except with redeployside. Congratulations! You've just encouraged Zerging and redeployside! ******!

Because the defenders can shoot outwards, most attackers take up a spot more than 10m distance from the spawn where they can see the doorframe but not be spotted by the defenders. That's the whole reason why the spawnroom exits are chokepoints in favor of the attackers. So you wouldn't be punishing the attackers in any way. In fact, you would help the attackers, as the defenders will have incentives to get as far away as possible from the spawn before attacking out of fear that they might not get the score but they still have to deal with the danger.
    The only places where this would work against the attackers is on places like a tower-fight, where the spawn is so centralized that a lot of the spawncamp positions are too close. Ofcourse, they aren't that close either, so there's plenty of places left to spawncamp without repercussions.

Then ******* remove the ability to spawncamp you ******. How hard is it to realize that the only reason why we have one-way shields is because of spawncampers, and that the only reason why that means we even have the ability to have spawnheroes?

10m is a Sunderer's length. This does two things:
    1: A defender has to run even further before he can get score, which means 5 more meters of being essentially defenseless against things like spawncamping vehicles and players peeking around corners with a visual of the spawnroom doorframes.
    2: The attackers aren't "punished", at all. You would have to increase the distance to 50m for it to have any real effect on both spawncampers and spanwheroes alike, but at that point you've also cut a sizeable portion of the base off from fighting as no one gets a score. Oh, and vehicles would still more often than not be placed more than 50m away anyway so they would still have free kills.
    • Up x 1
  14. WatchingU

So angry. What sever do you play on so I can avoid you negativeness?
  15. FieldMarshall

The near-perfect spawnroom/spawnsystem is one of the things i miss the most about Planetside 1.
    I cant imagine why they thought spawning in to a small box on the ground level was a good idea.
  16. Demigan

Here's a way to avoid my negativeness: Don't post stupid crap.
    one-way shields, the feature that made spawn heroes possible, was introduced as a counter to spawncamping. The feature was woefully inadequate as at best it made sure the spawncampers stood at a farther distance than before. And as previous spawnbunkers like the old tower spawns have proven, the defenders will willingly run into a meatgrinder if they have to in an attempt to overcome the spawncampers even if there's practically no chance to do so.
    And here you are, complaining about an inadequate system that is caused by the spawncampers. You are trying to nerf the spawnheroes while leaving the spawncampers untouched. That deserves scorn and insults.
    • Up x 1
  17. UberNoob1337101

Man, you know Demi means business when he drops the F bomb :eek:

I found the Amp/Tech facilities to have the best design, vehicles can't camp them (at least not to an extent they can do so in other bases), you can very quickly travel to other points of a base and in the case of Amp stations, there are spawns hooked to capture points, so defenders can react very quickly when fighting despite the actual Amp station spawn being much farther away.

When I think about it, defenders get spawncamped because they got facerolled by the attacking side, which is either caused by zerging or vehicle spam. Vehicle spam is caused by attackers spamming vehicles and defenders being unable to pull theirs in time, resulting in a faceroll. It's prevented by either eventually getting even numbers of vehicles or being countered by hard-to-destroy AV. Hard-to-destroy AV turns out to be the Construction system's Spear Phalanx tower, which for some dumb reason can't be deployed close to bases.

How about this : Not only do we let defenders get to multiple points in bases quickly, therefore being much harder to push back, but also let defenders defend against attacking vehicles by fortifying their own base (let's be real here, expecting people to redeploy to the previous base to pull their own vehicles shows something's woefully wrong). Give bases their own Cortium supply that regenerates which can be used to place walls, towers and the like. That way, vehicle zergs don't have to be combated by vehicle zergs, so vehicles are occupied with killing the defensive fortifications, so now vehicles have a bigger role and at least won't only camp 200m away and shell unfortunate sods. Not only that, but if placed well, defenders can also pull their own vehicles safely. Win-win?
    It makes logical sense too, I doubt that an army IRL won't fortify their own position because a magic red circle prevents them from doing it.
    • Up x 3
  18. BrbImAFK

I hate to be that guy, but...... PLANETSIDE 1 !!!!!
  19. Hegeteus

Where will NC Heavies watch TV then :( ?

Jokes aside, I think it would be better to address issues of why people are hanging out in spawn rooms in the first place and offer problematic bases teleporter rooms if nothing else. I can't straight-out say what would be a good way to kick defenders' butts into action, but I don't think this idea would work
  20. Ziggurat8

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

What I mean is if you kill someone and THEY are within 5-10m of their spawn it doesn't count. Would really take the sails out of spawn camping.

I figured it would be obvious that's what I meant. Since you take damage within 5m of an enemy spawn...
    • Up x 1