Spawn fix today?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Feb 14, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I wonder sometimes about the 2 steps forward and 3 steps back in every approach with you guys.

I always encouraged more new maps, I already see you have more than the potential to do it with just seeing Oshur alone. Sure it needs fixes, sure we want underwater scubaman fights, all in time. Oh the weapon gunsmithing we could see with an already built in attachment systems, all the cosmetics items that could be mods that show us more than being shiny. What I would give for just a tire on a Sunderer that gave it 4x4 grip. Or even a armor cosmetic that each had it's own use one could give an extra grenade slot, one could give 1 extra ammo tick, some people will say it's pay to win. Well it is about the money, isn't it?

To think how much more progression could have been made, but so much time was wasted on items like construction bases, sanctuary, missions, campaigns, Shattered Warpgate, Containment sites and the meta game with a bastion carrier, oversized tank and outfit resources. Sure escalation drew in 10,000 players at one point, but it never retained those numbers.

We could have had so many more wonderful maps, gunsmithing improvements, a host of performance fixes, but so many things leave me scratching my head. Heavy Assault got nerfed so much they don't even excel at anything anymore, not even at anti-vehicular weapons - what I would give just for a anti air weapon that actually worked? Ok that's fine, Lighmachineguns got nerfed since Critical Mass update along with Assault Rifles, but now several aspects of being an HA is lackluster. Even worst, is how vehicles can sit at doorways with relative impunity. It's a great concept saying and entire squad can spam one vehice with 10 decimators, but when your stuck in doorway and 30 vehicles spam one doorway, it's not realistic. Give me a fighting chance for christ sakes.

Heck spawn camping alone is something that can always be addressed, we are seeing the effectiveness of Flotillas. Sitting behind a shield with no ability to fight back or repel is not an idea of fun for any type of player.