SPAWN BEACON BUG

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Playful Pony, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Playful Pony

My spawn beacon, when placed, shows a VERY long spawn time for all my squad members (for me today, it was 23 days until I could spawn on it...). The time counts down constantly, even when it's not placed, and when the counter reaches 0 it just starts over on 24 days... I have created a thread about this before, and reported it as a bug using ingame support function several times.

This problem has been around for MONTHS now. It was there very soon after release, and simply hasn't gone away. The problem only occurs on my NC character, the TR and VS ones are unaffected for whatever reason.

Can someone PLEASE get back to me on this? It's been so long, and nobody seems to be of any help in this matter... Surely it can be resolved... I'm tired of my NC squad being handicapped because of this...
  2. NotTheMomma

Similar here. I have the bug where I can't spawn on other people's beacons for days. They've known about the problem for months. Not sure what happens to my beacon, because I prefer to not be SL and don't use it much.
  3. Ripshaft

I'm sure this has been answered countless times, but the beacon "bug" is as far as I've seen only ever caused by someone taking the squad leader position after another person with a beacon has deployed theirs. It would make sense that this is to prevent people from cycling beacon timers, making them completely irrelevant. Reforming the squad will fix the problem.

Not saying there's not some other beacon bug that has the same symptoms but with a different cause or without a solution, but every single time I've seen someone complain about this, it's due to the above.
  4. Playful Pony

Well, that certainly doesn't apply to me. I'm always squadleader in the group I play, and I've never had a situation where I deployed my beacon after another member of the squad did so. It doesn't matter how many players are in my squad, who they are, which continent I am on or which base I place it in, if it is in friendly or enemy territory, on the ground or on a building. Every single time on my NC character on Miller, I have this problem.

I'm not disputing that what you describe could cause this, but it certainly isn't true in my case! It should also be mentioned that I am pretty sure the developers themselves stated that "swapping squad leaders" was an effective way of getting a second squadbeacon out while waiting for the original squad leaders beacon cooldown to run its course. I can't find that quote for you, but I am quite certain that this was a statement they made. I just can't remember when...
  5. TSR_Bil-G Customer Service

You could try doing a delete/regenerate of some key config files and see if the issue resolves itself after a restart. Check and make sure your Windows' time/date is set correctly as well. If all else fails, you can put a ticket in with support and we can trouble shoot a little. We need to figure out if this is actually a bug or something going on locally.

Del/Gen for PS2:
    Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

Let me know if that clears it up for ya. Thanks!
  6. Ripshaft

Yeah I remember that quote, I'm not sure if it was from a dev or from a source of information endorsed by a dev though, either way i was really surprised, since cycling beacon timers definately results in this bug =p

Though yeah, hopefully Bil-G's suggestion helps