Soundtrack

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexanor, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Alexanor

Dear Planetside 2 Team:

As an avid Planetside 1 player back in it's prime, I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the amount of effort and balance you have put into Planetside 2, especially at launch. I was very hesitant about this game at first, but I quickly found myself becoming attached to the wonderful world-wide warfare that takes place every minute of the day.

That being said, I would like to suggest that you re-institute or recreate the Planetside 1 soundtrack into the game. It seems to be an ongoing trend of games these days to have a below-average, downright mediocre, or just no soundtrack in general. I think I can speak for everyone in that upon hearing their original home-base theme song, it brings a sense of pride to their faction and a want of destruction for those who would take it away from them. In addition, nothing gets the blood flowing more than a mood-setting combat theme in an extremely dangerous and challenging battle.

Please, I beg you not to make the same mistake other game creators are making -- put some effort into your soundtrack! Your fans will appreciate it.

Thank you.
  2. Jaggedmallard26

I agree that more effort needs to be made for soundtracks as my music collection is mostly game and movie soundtracks but going back to the older ones isn't really an improvement only encouraging nostalgia.
    I would prefer it if they made the music play more and got a good composer to make the soundtrack.
  3. Avs0000

I don't agree with this game being balanced or whether the effort was made to balance the game to succeed in today's market where people literally play a game for 1-4 weeks and move on.

However, the sound track is terrible. Numerous critics and players alike have mentioned the sound in this game is lacking creativity or effort. The voice menu is generic and disappointing ("thanks" "need ammo!" ring a bell) as well as out of character for most situations in their portrayal. The sounds of weapons compared to alternative weapons in the same faction suffer the same issue. The female voice is annoying (to most people). I bet this has something to do with the generic character creation.

In addition, the music that plays at 75% capture and the voice over is hilariously bad. Especially on the NC side where it plays the same 5 second clip everytime and I assume this is the same for any faction.
  4. Alexanor

Either is fine, but I figured that was at least a good starting point. At least with the home themes anyway, which SHOULD PLAY WHILE IN YOUR WARPGATES, not just at character creation (I mean really, how much time does the average person spend making new characters? Seems like a waste of development time because nobody ever hears it), since home continents don't really exist anymore.
  5. Zova

VS have amazing songs.. however some of them I NEVER hear.. or just a 4 sec clip when I spawn.

What happened to the TRAVELING music. Finally getting done with a battle and seeing all the aircraft fly by and tanks roll. The TR Combat music. Making battles feel so much more epic.

I played PS1 ever since release up to around 2007-2008 and never got tired of the music.
  6. EximusX

I agree. Part of the pride I associate with my faction, and the attachment to the game itself, is partially within the soundtrack. I loved that about PS 1, including the traveling music. It made the game identifiable, and helped intensify my attachment to my faction, and the game itself