Sound Bug back, cloaking bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Feb 10, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

1. I was on Hossin in a sizable fight at Nasons, after about an hour into the fight I could not hear my weapon fire nor my enemies, I could also not hear any of my abilities engage shield or cloaking. Also I could not hear enemy fire, in many case the sound would occur after the damage already happened. The sound latency is frequently causing massive drops in frames per second with lots of sound stuttering. I'll get easily 180 fps, but when the sound bug hits the drop and stutter is quite massive, we are talking dropping down to 40-60 fps. I have it set to 128 channels, tried the 64 and restart as recommend by Wrel. Made zero difference. Please fix. This is on all maps again.

2. Cloaking not working with any consistency. I know I am hitting the button to cloak and it will often not engage. I don't know it even went on or off as the sound is often now missing and the latency with cloaking is very obvious.

3. Overall server performance has dropped dramatically since the Oshur update and this is felt on all maps.
  2. Mithril Community Manager

The team is looking into the sound drop issues when playing for an hour or longer. If you happen to record when this happens please leave a link so our team can investigate that as well.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  3. Scroffel5

Used to also happen to me on my old computer. After an hour or two and a huge lag spike, my sound would drop and I couldn't hear anything.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

It appears this is voice chat related in the game. Once I disable it completely as with no device on both input and output in game, it resolves the issues. I usually use discord anyway.

I have tried resetting voice chat and for some reason on my Windows 11 it sets my microphone volume to 0 in sound settings in windows. I've never known a voice chat to directly effect my settings in sounds on my windows before.