[SOTO] Strategic Operations and Tactics Outfit of Genudine TR

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by Ryk-Genudine-TR, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ryk-Genudine-TR

New member quick application can be found at at www.SotoPlanetside.com

[Why we started SOTO]

Firstly, we love this game, for all it's troubles we think it's the best game online and will be for years to come.

Secondly, Vikings and I (Ryk) have been playing on Genudine since launch. We have played with several good outfits and considered joining DOM, LUA, and COWS to name a few. We have had a lot of fun playing with these outfits and you should consider them as well. For us we found there was something missing from the gameplay that we wanted to experience.

The difference in these outfits comes down to playstyle, SOTO will offer something different. We will ask that squad members play certain classes, bring specific vehicles and specific weapons to accomplish specific objectives. If this fascinates you please join up with us.

[Why we bother with Strategic Operations and Tactics]

I spent many hours watching live twitch videos of the highest ranked players and most successful outfits. What I saw was amazing and inspiring, especially from BuzzCutPycho and his Enclave outfit (BuzzCutPycho, thank you for letting me watch live over your shoulder). These outfits don't just camp a biolab for hours on end, or direct a group from way point to way point. They move the line forward to corner the enemy at their base adapting their battle plans as needed. Don’t get me wrong I love to farm the enemy; I’d just rather do it at their warp gate, instead of endlessly funneling in to meet an organized ambush at our own Bio Lab.

[Why should you affiliate or fold in your OUTFIT with SOTO?]

SOTO is highly interested in working with other outfits to achieve a higher level of team play for the TR of Genudine. SOTO needs additional leadership. We have invested in a website, TS3 and would like empowered Officers to run squads, platoons and direct the future of this outfit. If you have built an Outfit of your own we respect your efforts and will not ask you to start at the bottom. Send a email to ryk@sotoplanetside.com let me know about you goals, outfit size and anything else that concerns you. Officers have a weekly meeting to discuss gameplay, recruitment, new and existing strategies, etc. All outfit members are treated with respect and encouraged to voice ideas and concerns.

[Why you should play with and eventually join SOTO]

I believe there is a higher level of team play, strategy and success available to the TR in Genudine. We TR will need to step it up to combat the extremely capable ADK and others. We are largely outnumbered so victory will depend on tactics and maneuverability. I have invested in a website, teamspeak and will sponsor other tools as necessary. More importantly I have strategies "borrowed" from the best players in the game. Once you have registered on our new website www.sotoplanetside.com you will have access to our forms, there you will see our general strategies.

That said, I do not believe I have all the strategies for all situations! I am looking for outfit members who wish to experiment to find those strategies together!

We will host platoons regularly either "FreePlay” or “highly organized”. If you live in or are visiting Las Vegas, contact me about our weekly sessions where we play in person at a local gaming center.

Thank you for taking the time to read my very long recruitment post. Since you clearly have a respectable attention span, we definitely want you! J
    • Up x 2
  2. vaxx

Interesting.
    • Up x 2
  3. Chicken Wings

Ah, just what I would expect from Ryk. I've always noticed his capacity to play well, and now it comes to fruition. I hope you have good luck man.
    • Up x 1
  4. DanMan3395

SOTO players are also HIGHLY encouraged to have working voice chat. It's not mandatory right now but as operations get more and more organized it will become increasingly crucial.
  5. Ryk-Genudine-TR

Thanks, I always enjoy playing with you guys! If you ever want to cordinate a attack let us know.
  6. Chicken Wings

No problemo. I'm eager to work with other groups.
  7. Ryk-Genudine-TR

8. DoaneTX

Was really impressed with Ryk's ability to run a platoon. Glad to be on board.

-RobLoblaw
  9. MKOLLERSMS

I am a newbie to the game (I'm actually installing this as I type it). As far as shooters go, my experience is pretty much Metroid, Halo and Call of Duty. So, not all that good.

However, as you guys are looking for tacticians, this immediately catches my eye. While I'm an adequate strategist I am a damn good tactician (and for those who don't understand the difference, it's resources vs. the placement thereof). I'm also a GIS Major in real life, so I know how to properly read and analyze maps. I'd like to get involved, if that's at all possible.
  10. DoaneTX

Joining up with a good outfit is the best way to learn the ropes. It can be a bit overwhelming to be in a FPS of this scale initially, but it's just a matter of time. If you're interested in joining, I'd apply on the website www.sotoplanetside.com and/or shoot one of us a message in game. We're happy to bring rookies into the fold. Hope to see you around!

-BobLoblawJr
  11. Ryk-Genudine-TR

Hi Mkollersms, GIS Major is a map expert right?

Just create a character on Helios for the Terran Republic. First learn the basic game mechanics from myself and our outfit members. Secondly, I would be interested to see if you can develop better strategies for using terrain advantages. We have found serveral advantageous positions but more are discovered regularly.
  12. Gras

Your Soto website needs a place for us friendly strangers to holler at you with. Check it out Minngarm. After watching for so long I figured you'd like to see how I actually escaped.
  13. Ryk-Genudine-TR

Hay Gras, your welcome to apply at www.SotoPlanetside.com just put your outfit tag in the user name, you don't have to be a "in game" member to get on our forms. We have a lot of "associated" SOTO players.