Sorry VS, Not today

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, May 31, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

So for those of you who don't know, early morning yesterday on mattherson VS came deadly close to locking indar during an off hour amerish alert. they just BARELY managed to warpgate us, seconds before we capped something back from them, and seconds after NC capped something (THANKS SO MUCH NC)
    VS was talking so much BS in /yell, it was hilarious when we pushed them back.
    It was a good, laggy fight. Basically 30 sundies, 15 mags, and 20 lightnings, and about 100 ZOE Maxes and 500 soldiers storming base after base, with just my full squad and a few stragglers defending one side and some other people defending the other side of wg.

Good fight guys but not today. :)

• Up x 1
  2. SgtScum

3. Drealgrin

Vanu Mattherson is taking a huge dump in player skill and tactics for some reason.
    I've noticed that overall the players seem to be reaching a level idiocy never before seen by Mattherson Vanu , lowering themselves to Terran Republic level.

It's VERY embarrassing.

I can't help but wonder what the cause of it is.
    • Up x 2
  4. TomaHawk

That's cool, but, 500 infantry plus all the other stuff you mentioned held back by a squad and some stragglers? Really?

[IMG]
  5. Rhaeyn

Cool story, bro.
  6. xGreedFuSioN

that many people were divided attacking 3 places, and there was probably 50-100 stragglers, almost none of them were in a squad. there were maybe 1 or 2 other squads.
  7. Littleman

ZOE MAX only hurt, but you guys really do earn the "get a X" titles on a regular basis. I hear pop imbalances in the twilight hours are ridiculous. At some point, outfits have to be pulling the old EQ raid spawn 2am phone call BS to get those numbers.
  8. Nekky

That's how I got my Cleric epic, had to sit in that stupid cave for about 5 days and call everyone I knew when he spawned. I don't want to go back to those days...
    • Up x 1
  9. Ender

Defending Indar became a pain in the *** due to how often we'd have to leave alerts early to defend. TBH i'm sure you had a great fight preventing the lock, but you aren't fighting organized VS. In fact, half of the outfits have denounced really pushing a lock attempt. At 57% server pop, if there were an organized push at those hours, Indar would be purple. There's an hour or so there around 5am CST where 2 squads could probably gate a faction by themselves because the VS overpop is so bad (go home 4th).

There are a few individuals who scream in leader chat that the VS is lazy and that's why we failed to lock, but after looking up their stats, they're in outfits by themselves or a few other people and pushing pubbies at the gates. Then again, maybe by locking it we'll be able to find later night fights because AOD will pull alarm clock ops to break it again :rolleyes:
  10. Acuta

LOL, ahh....the bad old days.

I raise my glass in memory!
  11. gigastar

Seems to be a common trend with conquering Indar now.

If you cant take it at primetime, cap it overnight.

If you cant break an Indar lock at primetime, then call upon the other faction to help you, or nightcap.

And if you dont do either at primetime, you dont really deserve it.
  12. LoneMaverick

Eventually this will happen, either because VS 4th faction euro/asian cappers get to strong, or VS get a 40-60% pop on Matherson for most of the day(pretty much this is the case atm except for the 6 hours of primetime).

The NC we at this pop before, but they couldn't do ****...why?
    1: Organization
    2: new VS changes
    3: ??? where did all these late nighters come from?

One of these days someone will come up to a solution to nightcappers, be it caps cannot happen in a 12 hour time window, or servers need to be region locked.

I remember dealing with this kind of **** with DAoC relic raids, and Mordred keep takes, the nightcapping can get really frustrating for those of us that don't plan on waking up/being up at all hours of the night.
  13. TeknoBug

^ thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

I can't bear to log on my VS toon anymore til server tokens arrives. :( BIG FAT FROWN

I've made a few characters on Miller and boy what a tough server that is, I'm on west coast Canada and I don't care how bad my ping is, that server is probably where I'll send my VS to.
  14. jak

A well balanced game that doesn't cater to creating a 4th empire every month or so might just work...
  15. ExarRazor

because one of the largest NC outfits (lwtx) jumped ship and came to VS.

lwtx wasn't even a mediocre skilled outfit to begin with, but they were one of the driving forces behind mattheron NC.

now they're dumbing down the VS skill level with their terriblness
  16. NoctD

Yeah but TR just lost another alert because of stupid people holding on to stupid bio-labs all over again. TR Mattherson really fail to play the meta somedays. You can have them.... all those bads who only care about farming kills in a bio-lab and not playing the meta.

P/S - Yeah about Miller, the TR there totally play the meta. But you'll find the peak times won't work so well unless you can play during the day your time, if not it can be quite dead.
  17. Littleman

And yet, here comes EQ Next, and Smedley (last I heard him mention) said it's keeping to its EQ formula!

Normally the TR win the alerts on Mattherson. Today they just opted to farm a crap ton of certs off of the VS zerg. A 10,000 exp is roughly 20 kills worth of exp.
  18. Bape

Sorry to dissapoint the Vs but all these guys are not 4th factioner. They were 4th factioner when they all went to the NC but now look at the population what happen? the VS/TR population is high while the NC dropped hard why is that? IT because all the 4th factioner left the NC and WENT BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL FACTION. Yes the LWTX went to VS but they had GOKU since the launch of the game so technically they are not 4th factioner they were playing both accounts. Also Goku aren't terrible they are actually more helpful then most of the VS outfits and they are the reason why vs had indar.
  19. llPendragon

An NC used his brain?!? Send me his name immediately! We won't tolerate that kind of $&?@ on this server!!!
  20. TeknoBug

Ugh I once had a TR toon on Mattherson, I was disgusted that I deleted it.

I have cycling shifts on my job so I sometimes get mornings off and sometimes evenings off so 8am is like 4pm UK time so it's why I played on Miller occasionally, it's a rather competetive server kind of like Werner was in PS1.