Soooooo.....Recon Drones......

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TorigomaSET, May 10, 2015.

1. TorigomaSET

Are they still happening? I know they had them all coded up and modeled and everything, they where just talking about working some kinks out of them. Are these still happening?
  2. Heyitsrobbie1984

would be nice to have them to just fly high in the air scanning a large chunk of land. should be vulnerable to ESFs though
  3. breeje

they are put in the closet without telling any official reason by my knowledge
    unofficial it was because you could use them to roadkill
    i don't think we will ever see them in the game
    • Up x 2
  4. CaiBai

Sooo.... u wish for flying C4 ? How nice.. :p
  5. CuteBeaver

It would be really nice to have these around.

What I love about this whole issue is even if the developers gave us a watered down weakened, flying mechanical butterfly I am pretty confident most of us are creative enough to still find a way to abuse it.

[IMG]

That is just the mindset of the dedicated infiltrator. We don't pick fair fights, or pass up opportunities to get the upper hand. How many times have you air dropped into an enemy tech plant and seen other dedicated infils up in the attic hacking turrets and killing enemy engineers behind enemy lines. I know a year ago - doing this I would have been absolutely alone up there. Lets face it playing Infiltrator rewards creativity.

If we were to pretend the drone was still on the table right now as advertised in the infiltrator update it would not really change much. ( Insert list of scouting / roadkill things you could do with it. ) What I am saying is for Drones to be worthy of development time and actually add to the meta we need other aspects of the game enabled first.

In the short term cleaning up pain fields around vehicle terminals would be excellent. However my eyes are on the upcoming Resource 2.0 revamp. We need to have ANTS, and the ability to fight over resources, bases need to have power levels.

Why?

Infils should be central to help along the process of siphoning enemy power, possibly transporting that in small dosages with our cloaked vehicles. (Yes that could also possibly mean using a variation of drone designed for this purpose) Be ready to advocate fresh new ideas that would give our class meaningful roles in a connected hex, rather then just putting down radar , killing, and hacking what very few terminals currently exist.

Bases really do need more flare. We need energy bridges, energy doors, shields. Not only would things like these make the game look pretty, and possibly allow more hacking opportunities. Those assets also provide dynamic bases that offer player convenience, tactful gameplay, and the faction which owns the base should feel deprived when those luxuries drain of power and no longer afford quicker routes shield protections / automated turrets (insert your idea here). Then all of a sudden hacking (temporary disruption / and siphoning energy) become more relevant to overall meta.

Yes I'd like to see drones, but I'd like them to serve a better purpose then just spotting and feeding people C4 at ludicrous speeds....

6. Moonheart

I agree with CuteBeaver on what she just said.

Recon Drones could be nice. Recon Drones, however, should be a low priority among our wishlist.
    What we need the most are NEW actions to perform.