Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. PeggleFrank

Where did you hear that? Perfect World was going to buy them out, but they refused.
  2. bloodfuchs

Be glad they refused. PWE is a disaster company running only for profit, i can tell you that i played multiple of their generes. The games they bought (like they wanted SOE) just died. I played Blacklight retribution for almost like a year. Then annoucment for PS4 BLR came out. The company under PWE (let´s call it Mysterious company one) bailed out from PWE and made PS4 their own title, resulting in no technical support for PC version. That means, PS4 version is active, PC version died due to managment problems between this 2 companies.

Reason? Money. World is moved by money, if you ever think the leaders give a damn about players, you´re wrong. The developers do. They think of a comunity as a growing family, as a friends to worship their product with. That´s how it works, there is a bunch of johns and janes like me and you who are aiming at the same purpose - fun. However they need the big bad wolf to aquire them the money, and can´t do literally s**t without his permission tho. That´s how the games with huge playerbase dies. Me personally, i support the team with money myself because i can afford it and i´d like to make some contribution to them.

Game had lows, game had highs, but we do not remember the good times mostly. Human´s brain just memorize the awful events most of the time, so it can avoid them when detected again, and possibly avoid destuction / harm. That´s why you guys spam forums with "fix fix fix, another update and game is broken" well damn it´s partially true, the performance is not outstanding, me myself i often lose head over it. But hell, so far i had more fun in this game broken or not, then any other game in my life. And i´ve been gaming a lot.

For you guys at "Daybreak" now, keep it going. Don´t give up on us as we don´t give up on you. Don´t dissapoint us and as a playerbase, we don´t dissapoint you. For upcoming changes, i stay around and see how´s that going. Peace!
    • Up x 3
  3. Asymmetrical

Is the awesome Smed going to retain the title of 'Charlemagne' of the mmo universe?
  4. Charlie Mopps

You finally drove her into the ground. Way to go Smedley.
    • Up x 1
  5. Combat Jorts

From the Columbus Nova website:
    Oh boy. A bland corporate suit company is going to control the purse strings of SOE.

Look at these smug, rich ********: http://www.cntp.com/

Sony Online Entertainment is literally the NC as of right now. Did the Columbus Nova suits cut Smedley a bonus check?

Hey Columbus Nova, SOE double charged me for a name change token and hasn't even looked at my support ticket yet. Can you take my ill-gotten $25 at write my name on one of the teak wood panels that covers the trunk on your Maserati? Thanks.

Look at this little baby. Yes. In the history of America, huge multi-billion dollar investment firms/hedge funds have always held the interests of customers over those of their beneficiaries. They have *your* best interest at heart and won't liquidate SOE assets at the drop of a hat to turn even a slight profit.
    • Up x 4
  6. AlterEgo

Wouldn't I LOVE that.

Make it shoot bubbles instead, it is far more childish, but less feminine as well!
  7. LibertyRevolution

Well fury kind of arc's so it would look like a rainbow, how about they make kobalt or renegade shoot bubbles. ;)
  8. AlterEgo

Meh, not bad of an idea.
    But really, actual plasma balls would be far more entertaining. But what of the rail guns?
  9. LibertyRevolution

Rail guns you say? Soon™
  10. AlterEgo

XD
    Hey, who knows? Maybe we'll be able to equip our men with high velocity Gauss weapons and EM fire arms; that way, we can reduce the size of this army to splinter cells and small yet deadly units. Even better! When the aliens attack, we won't rely on cartridges and still mysteriously win!
  11. Mustang_HN

Thanks for the heads up,and continue your success,now i have a small problem with my 'Planetside 2' closed beta and i apparently am not allowed to post anywhere on this bloody forums,is anyone intending to help me? :l
  12. Reyj21

I'd prefer to hear the truth about how you feel about it and not what your bosses dicktated you to say.
    Like "The name is horrible" would be a good start ... come on!
  13. ZZYZX

Smelled this coming a mile away.

SOE was really stifled by a lack of creativity within their ranks, and it shines through in the products and business practices.

The ship is sinking. Get your game time in while you can, boys. The firm will not be able to turn SOE into a cash cow, all they're gonna do is slap some lipstick on the pig and sell it to another farmer before the make-up wears off.
  14. Leer

• Up x 3
  15. Nalothisal

Well I did some reasearch on this Columbus Nova and aparently one of their board members own Harmonix which is a game company that made Guitar Hero, and they are still going strong. So this may not turn out too bad...
  16. TenebraLuxx

They did a great job with the new name: Daybreak (they break) is quite representative of Sony's products.
  17. AirSuicide

OH good, Maybe the company will actually get the funds to deliver some "QUALITY" updates. Like I don't know, stop being lazy and remove all common core vehicles and gear in favor of factions Skinned Equals?

Or how about not taking 6 months to add single vehicle, or 3 years to add a new continent with a half finished foundation?

In any case HOPEFULLY this means well all see some decent improvement, and quality being added to the game FINALLY....
    • Up x 1
  18. Fenrisk

Adam Clegg ‏@Arclegger 2m minutes ago "Layoffs always suck, I am okay, a lot of fellow co-workers that were great developers across the company are not. Please hire them."

This is the beginning of the end for SOE's / Daybreak line up of games. Week one and they are already cutting staff. We are going to end up with less development, less resources and a bare bones approach to maintaining our games.
  19. Rraymondo316

20. KingSnuggler

This is starting to sound like this investment firm only cares about consoles and mobile gaming...if this is the case I think we should just jump ship while were ahead. I'm no longer spending anymore money on any of these games until their overlords at Columbus Nova tell us what their goals and ambitions are for the future of Daybreak until I can't justify spending money on MMORPGs that may be sold off to other companies I do not support, shut down, or turned into Pay to Win models while focus of MMORPG is shifted to suit and be dumbed down to cater to console players and ****** mobile games.