Something positive to say

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Scientiarum, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Scientiarum

The new jetpack audio is great! it is louder and can be heard further away (which needed to happen) but isn't TOO loud. It also sounds way cooler, like a real jetpack. I dig it. Now if I could just log into my VS character without crashing...... Oh well I can fart around with my TR char for the moment I suppose.
  2. Vanu Superiority

Meh. I don't like it. Too loud. Gives my position away, which isn't good because I use the LA class as a stealth class a lot of the time, and rely on flying rooftop to rooftop, picking people off. Considering how the jetpack is now louder than my solstace, that's not a good thing.
  3. bebbly

Just need to swap the volumes of the Infiltrators cloak sound and the jet pack sound around.
    • Up x 1
  4. Takoita

I doubt it would be heard above a tank's engine noise, so it should be okay.
  5. Malkryst

I think the new jump-jet sound is terrible - too loud and too annoying :( - I hope it doesn't go live as it will spoil my favourite kit for me.
  6. Lafladitu

I really like the new sounds for the jetpacks. Now i can hear them closeby so I am prepered for the shotgun hell that is closing in on my position
  7. MrIDoK

Perfect, no more stealth flying ninjas with shotgun sneaking around, now i have a chance of hearing them before they gift me some buckshot in the back.
    It will enhance the "assault" part of the class, which should be fast and hard hitting but relatively fragile, kinda a glass cannon. Being silent doesn't fit what the class is meant to be, that should be a trait for infiltrators only. After all, in beta we shouted about cloaked shotgun infiltrators, but now we have flying, silent and instagibbing LAs... I'd rather the 2 shots needed for a beta cloaked shotgunner to kill you than the current oneshot nonsense.