something odd in my book!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ghost001985, Apr 7, 2014.

1. ghost001985

after 20ish guy just walk past me, this guy ruze, im not sure about him, he just stops and looks right at me! im not saying his hacking, but its just weird.

to be clear im a light assault just crouching, hang off the wall. im not jet packing or moving.

what are youlls thoughts?

if anyone know this guy ruze on mattherson, ask him to stop by and talk about what happened.
  2. Archiadus

I'm more surprised as to how it's possible that so many people entered the room yet no one saw you up there :eek:

About the guy killing you, it was probably a scout radar that spotted you on the map so he came in running with a darklight expecting an infiltrator to be on the point.
  3. FaLI3N

Just someone who is smart enough to look up, for all you know you had a shadow with those terrible graphic settings haha.
  4. PlatoonLeaderG

I was playing today and he killed me 3 times with the knife,i dont think he is cheating he has good situational awareness.He look everywhere.
  5. Solo59486

I think the weird thing that you should be asking yourself is how all those people didn't see you... You were out in the open on a ledge with no cover. That guy was doing something perfectly normal, but those other people....
  6. Akeita

It's a typical planetside 2 player, the guy who look up is clearly MLG...
    • Up x 2
  7. GhostAvatar

If you look on the minimap you will notice a scythe parked right above you. You will also see several people looking for someone in that room after they had pushed through it with force (notice the HA switching on his dark light and go searching, as were several others with darklight). Simply put, the scout radar from the scythe was pinging you on the minimap and one happened to look up after checking that very location with darklight.
    • Up x 1
  8. ghost001985

again im not saying he is or was hacking or cheating, i just found this a little weird.

i know that Recon Device and Motion Spotter only pick you up if your moving, so you dont show up while crouch walking, or not moving. but again im not moving, just looking around. ok i just watched a video on the scout radar and it seem to show people even if they are not moving. which i dont know at the time i posted this. so as GhostAvatar said, that scythe could have had scout radar on it, and thats how ruze saw me. if thats the case then this encounter seems less weird then previously stated.

thats not weird. people seem not to think Three-dimensionally. and people have made many videos showing that! while i was in the Marines doing mout training, thats urban environment for those who dont know what that means. they told us repeatedly to look up at the windows, over hangs, balconies, and roofs. yet while out there we never did. i think it come down to human nature.
  9. Raka Maru

Scout radar sees you when not moving, this is especially annoying to infiltraitors. You however, just experienced 20 unaware people and one that knows how to play.
    • Up x 1
  10. ghost001985

if you reed my previous post i came to that conclusion myself, and if thats the case then this encounter seems less weird then i have previously stated.