Something missing from the map filter

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Oheck, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Oheck

I know you can see enemy activity in a given area, but I don't see a filter for your own teams activity, which is equally important when planning your platoons destination.
    • Up x 3
  2. bigman0089

agreed, I really want this to exist.
    • Up x 1
  3. DarkSteve

Agreed, it would be a simple change, that would help a lot.
  4. Vorpal

It's mind boggling that it doesn't exist.

Finding and getting to the fights is needlessly hard/tedious.

It's why things like the crown exist.
  5. Oheck

Should be incredibly easy to implement, considering the enemy already has access to such data.
  6. JP_Russell

Pretty much. I'm actually trying to think what their line of reasoning might have been on this. I mean, they had to have thought of this when they were designing the map system. It's not like this is so obscure that they would read about this and go "You know what, that's a good idea!" Which means somewhere along the way, somehow, someone on the team looked at this and found a reason to go "Naaahhh."

Best I can come up with is that such efficient access to this information wouldn't necessitate organized play in outfits and such enough (not that this wouldn't help outfits every bit as much), because you'd be able to find fights with great ease even while lone wolfing. That's a pretty dumb reason and I'm grasping at straws here, but like I said, they had to have gone over this during the design process, and I can't imagine it was just a matter of the amount of work that would be needed to implement it.