Somebody Touched Sasha!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Mar 15, 2013.

1. TheRealMetalstorm

Stop trying, because it's not going to happen?
    Damn, this guy's an oracle, we should all just stop trying because he says it wont happen. He doesn't even want us to try LOL for whatever reason
  2. treeHamster

This argument didn't stop them from putting the barrel low on the Maggy.
  3. Almost

4. Almost

5. QuantumMechanic

YOU GUYS, IT'S OK. What is pictured here is not the MCG of fame, in fact it is the 800 year future version of the hand-held Dremel Tool. It's great for small house repairs.

I am sure that SOE will fix this travesty. SOON. Well, no. Not really sure at all. In fact I'm confident that they won't fix it. Good try though.

PS I'll never buy that stupid thing
    • Up x 1
  6. hawken is better

In my opinion, they don't even need to buff the T7's damage. What it desperately needs is an accuracy buff. The damage it currently does is just fine, but after about 20 rounds, the thing is useless since the CoF/bloom become ridiculous. On top of that, you can't spin it up manually, so it's pretty much useless in CQC, and mid-to-long range is completely out of the question.

As a matter of fact, all of the heavy assault faction-specific weapons need a buff in one way or another. The Jackhammer needs a damage buff, the T7 and the Lasher could both do with an accuracy buff.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fox234

Oddly a tank does not equal a rifle. However if you want a gun that can't shoot over cover then who are we to argue?

Its not a matter of SOE not wanting to make it underslug, its a matter of mechanics. How worthless would the MCG be if it couldn't shoot over chest high cover and rails?
  8. Bankrotas

Would be cooler, if heavy special AI would be shoulder mounted.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ghodere

T7 should have a constant CoF; that is to say, the CoF will not widen with continued fire. Balance the CoF on that and you get a weapon decently capable of killing in most situations as well as laying down suppressive fire like the lasher, in the classic TR fashion of throwing more bullets downrange.
  10. treeHamster

You mean like a tank that can't shoot over a 3 foot tall rock?

No, I don't have a CLUE how worthless that would be. /sarcasm off
  11. Kitro

What surprises me about the change from underslung is that they went for a shotgun-style look instead of giving it the rocket-launcher treatment - a long, over-the-shoulder design.
    All the guns in ps2 lack personality , so on that note, at least they're consistent :/

edit: just saw bankrotas post
  12. NDroid

T-Ray already answered this a few times- they had it underslung early on but testers complained about not being able to fire over lower obstacles so they changed it to its current implementation. I don't really see it changing again but we are getting a test server so who knows?

At least you guys got a unique model, the Lasher just looks like an assault rifle..
  13. Stordito

i'm baffled by how impractical and unconfortable the handle on the new HMG is...
    like...that thing probably weights a ton, no counterbalance, no forward grip...
    • Up x 1
  14. Zaik

No, that was never the problem. Bullets always come out of the end of the guns, not the center of your screen. That's why MAXes can't hit anything standing up against them, it's like a bullet hug.

The problem was that any waist high wall in between you and your target would block your bullets 99% of the time. They would have either had to make it look ridiculously awful or flip it around to fix it, and they decided to flip it around.

It was an obvious disadvantage and if it had been released in that state the forums would have been rage mode x1000, kind of like the VS were when the Lasher first turned out to be an awful green flamethrower that did bad damage and hit you when you fired it for no apparent reason.
  15. Rhinzual

They did the exact same thing to the Pulsar. Alpha concept art shows a full-fledged Pulsar in the hands of Vanu Soldiers being used. Not some thrown together Lego gun with weird rails, but the Pulsar from PS1 given a proper update in looks.
  16. SturmovikDrakon

The entire problem is that they made it too low.

But instead of simply scrapping it and turning it into the generic shoulder-fired cake-mixer, they could have at least changed the model to be held above the waist-height. Now it just looks so underwhelming and completely uninspired.

Seriously, who would use a mini-gun with a pistol grip?
  17. Roxputin

That thing looks like a fleshlight with a handle.
  18. CaligoIllioneus

Please SoE give this thing a new model.
  19. TheEvilBlight

They should change it to something that mounts over the arm, like a TR MAX's MCG's. Or a Steadicam mount (also seen with the Smartguns from Aliens).
  20. Earthman

A minigun should function like a minigun. Miniguns aren't for chest-high-wall cover shooting. They're for high profile, high exposure heavy support fire.

So yes, put it back. I speak as someone with no access to one.
    • Up x 1