Somebody explain Directives a bit?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 1, 2015.

1. DashRendar

I've only recently gotten into caring about Directives, and perusing around the menus doesn't really seem to offer too much information. I want to get the Auraxium weapons, and want to know how to get them. How many weapons per weapon class are needed in order to get each Aurax weapon? What are the non-infantry-primary Aurax weapons, like I think there is an Aurax C4 brick, and I saw a TR MAX with purple AI arms the other day, and I guess that was an Aurax weapon too.
  2. Vaphell

well, you can click on the top rank of a given directive and count the directive bars. That's how many aurax medals you will need. Expect 4 aurax minimum.
  3. DashRendar

There was also a splash screen that says you get some account wide benefits. What exactly are they?
  4. HappyStuffin

I find the menu system about Directives a bit confusing as well.

Another reason that has kept me personally from pursing directives is the weapons achieved are little more than cosmetic variants. For the amount of effort needed to achieve these Directives, I would expect more.
  5. Pokebreaker

The account wide benefits, are the Directive Points you earn from completion of each tier of a directive. I think it applies to the Directive Camos (Black and White), and NS (or cross-faction) directive weapons (C4 ARX, Kraken) as well; I may be wrong about the later though. So if you had 500 Directive points earned on your NC character. If you were to make a new TR or VS alt (or even have an old one), those points would still display on your killscreen to someone you kill.

That is how you can tell if that low BR player that killed you, is actually an Alt of a more experienced player (given that they didn't just make a new account).
  6. Ballto21

If you go to the last any of the directives by clicking on this there will be a number of bars under requirements. The number of bars=number of objectives you need to do. With weapons its auraxiumed weapons. Most require 5 on all directives but some only need 4
    Weapons that need 5:
    Assault rifles
    Carbines
    Exceptional (holiday and event weapons like candy cannon and heartstring)
    rocket launchers
    LMGs
    shotguns
    sidearms
    sniper rifle

Weapons that need 4
    SMG
    Classes that need 5:
    All
    Vehicles that need 5: All but the flash
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

i think MAX has only armor
  8. Pokebreaker

When it comes to the Weapons Directives, they all require you to reach auraxium with anywhere from 4-5 weapons of that same type. The SMG directive requires you to auraxium four SMGs. The LMG directive requires you to auraxium five LMGs. The Carbine directive requires you to auraxium 5 Carbines, and so on.

Now one tricky thing to be aware of, is with the Infantry directives. As you progress through each tier, only the objectives that have you collect RIBBONS, actually carry over to the next directive tier. So if an objective tells you to get 200 kills of other Infitrators, and you do so, but continue getting infiltrator kills without having completed the other objectives in that tier, all of the excess kills over 200 won't carry over. Then, then when you finally get to the next tier, you will have to get another 300-400 (just example, not sure of actual numbers) starting from 0. So make sure you complete each objective as they come, so you don't waste too much time.

Check out the wikia for Directives here: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Directives
    • Up x 1
  9. DashRendar

What's this then? A camo I suppose?

[IMG]
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

[IMG]
  11. Auzor

Orange bit:
    anger... level.. rising.
    I did not know that.. or, I thought that only happened when they started directives off. Siiigh.

At OP:
    Small remark/warning/..
    There is a directive for scout rifles (vandal, the full auto one, the semi-auto "faction specific, even though it is copy paste stats");
    however.. the reward is not a scout rifle, but a battle rifle.. which the infiltrator cannot use.