Some wierd problems recently

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cryosin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Cryosin

My planetside 2 is acting all kinds of weird.

First: My framerate is incredibly lower than it should be. I have a Core i7 3630qm which use to run the game at 50-80 fps even in the thick of battle, but now I get 15-20 fps in any kind of fight and about 30 fps at the warp gate. The framerate says CPU so it's not my video card(also, turning the graphics down doesn't change my FPS as expected). I used Razer gamebooster which DID increase my FPS by a tad, made the game playable at 30 FPS but even then it was still a lot slower than it should be. I should also note, my CPU in task manager is around 20% usage when I remember it being around 50-60% usage before.

My core i5 desktop runs the game better than it used to(50-60 fps on Ultra), so why is my laptop stuttering along all of a sudden when it used to be faster?

Second: This is the really weird one. My client is now randomly spanish. I have no idea how this happened or what caused it, but I hope I don't have to re-install to fix it. Anyone know a quick way to fix this?
  2. Cryosin

well i fixed these problems but the FPS problem had an odd fix.

The language problem was fixed by deleting the launchpad folder and my FPS problems are "pseudo" fixed by running planetside 2 in real-time and using razer game booster. Kind of odd but at least I can play the game now.
  3. Bloodlet

I get the first issue too. Apparently people are saying it's a HUD issue and started with the last GU on 8/16/13. I think that's when I started noticing it too. Physx suddenly seems to be off now too despite having it on. It's too late tonight for me to test the HUD issue for myself but perhaps you may want to check it out.