Some LMG toughts...

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by DarkStarAnubis, May 19, 2018.

1. DarkStarAnubis

I play in all factions and all classes but Max, so I have a few thousands of kills but scattered over characters and weapons.

At the end, playing as HA, I have reached the conclusion one needs to use one, max two LMGs and that the plethora of LMGs offered by DBG is close to useless, aside from cosmetic and personal preferences (IMHO the weapons of Doku are masterpieces aesthetically).

Depending on what you plan to do as HA, the choices rather very narrow:

attack/short&medium range:
    TR: MSW-R with ALS,SPA and x1/x2
    VS: Orion/Betelgeuse (or MAW with ALS, SPA and x1/x2)
    NC: Anchor with ALS, SPA and x1/x2

defence/medium&long range:
    TR: T-32 with FG, HVA and x2/x4
    NC: SAW/GodSAW with AVG, HVA and x2/x4
    VS: FLARE/URSA with VG, HVA and x2/x4
    or, an all-rounder for all factions:
    NS-15M2 with FG, HVA and x2/x4

The NS-15M2 is not very powerful, but it is incredibily efficient in landing shot after shot on the target and has the added advantage that one can transfer the muscle memory/skills acquired from a faction to another. It is quickly becoming my preferred LMG, even if he SAW/GodSAW is better in terms of raw damage

On the other hand, I cannot find any way to work well with weapons like the Carv or the Watchman: sure both are bullet hoses, but have a dangerous long reload delay that leaves you vulnerable for too long time.

What's your view/experience?
  2. Ragnarock

I'm still trying to understand why I suck with the watchman but absolutely destroy people with MSW-R.

Also TR really lacks meaningful med-long range LMG options. t-32 Bull is an okay gun, but its nowhere near as good as the gauss saw imho.

Its a shame that as a TR heavy assault I prefer NS-15M2 over any of the guns TR has to offer.

When it comes to NC, Its either gauss saw or anchor. Nothing else comes close.

For Vanu, I have no clue. But from my death screens, orion/betelgeuse seems stronk as you already said. Whenever I die to a vanu HA, Its usually one of those two guns.
  3. brutes359

It likely because the watchman has the most ridiculously small damage per shot of all TR guns at 112. impact rounds is a must at this point. And now that they nerfed its accuracy, its a pain in the butt to even use. Let alone excell with. At least over here on console it is.

Hey devs. if your reading this. can you get back to buffing the TR lmgs to their original damage models already. The Bull over here is still only doing 143 and its fire rate is actually slower than the Gauss saw now. And the butcher over here still only has a 100 round magazine. That needs to be fixed.