Some imbalances in the construction system that can be easily fixed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SamDaMan, May 21, 2017.

1. SamDaMan

I've noticed that, for the most part bases are very easy to defend. They also get up and running very quickly. I thought of 2 things I think are causing the defenders to be too strong, resulting in an entire platoon to take down a base that was only made by 2 players.

That is, If the walls weren't indestructible and if the spawn tube had a respawn timer and a more significant cortinium drain it would solve a lot of issues with the defenders being too strong.
  2. Arpheus

If they made walls destroyable they should make them really tough in a way that you need at least 5+ tanks shooting at the walls otherwise bases are almost impossible to defend. 3 repairing engineers with the repair module should outrepair 10+ tanks so that at least if you put effort into keeping the wall up it is possible. I like the idea that tanks alone cannot completely destroy a base from far away. But if you bring in a few people to destroy the modules a base is easily destroyed.
    The missing spawn timer is what really bothers me too. There is no benefit to killing someone in a base if you know that they will spawn back in like 2 seconds. There should be a spawn timer of 10 seconds in my opinion. That way a small group has a good chance to bring down a base defended only by two players.
  3. Liewec123

the walls are only invulnerable while the repair module is alive, you don't need a platoon, just a squad with brains,
    send an infil or two in with explosive bolt crossbows, take out the repair modules and tadaa!

also the walls originally weren't invulnerable,
    it gave TR a huge advantage when taking out bases since they could anchor several prowlers a mile away and tear the base apart.
    imho the invulnerability should actually be given to turrets too,
    currently the moment your base comes under siege your turrets are all dead within the first minute and you cannot build new ones...

these bases SHOULD be tough as nails to attack,
    that being said there should be counter play,
    i'd be fine if they increase module drain by a whole lot so if you prevent ants from resupplying the base it will starve.
    also the current counters still work, destroy the modules or the silo.

while we're on the subject of construction system i wish they would make some construction items easier to place,
    the sunderer garage and infantry towers for example are a NIGHTMARE to place on anything that isn't as flat as a sheet of paper.
    i like to make cliffside bases and would love to have an infantry tower perched on the cliff,
    and modules safe inside the sundy garage, but it is impossible.
  4. LordKrelas

If the turrets couldn't be taken out, then you'd have to abuse aircraft, or swarm with infils hoping they don't have anyone inside or turrets inside.

Tough as nails, yet have unlimited VP generation..
    Better in both VPs, and defense-capability than the Lattice bases.

---
    Also, I do recall the PTS talking about Cort Taps to reduce the also mentioned much higher drain rate for cort.
    so they are actually working on PMBs.